New Search Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am surprised and disappointed someone hasn't start making add on red lens for the spot lights. They would be less offensive on the night vision.
Yes, it might reduce the amount of light but, at least you can use it at night.

If the red light is bright enough to see anything more than needed to keep you from stubbing your toe, it will still affect your night vison. I'm sure someone versed in rods and cones will chime in to clarify.

If the red light is bright enough to see anything more than needed to keep you from stubbing your toe, it will still affect your night vison. I'm sure someone versed in rods and cones will chime in to clarify.

That will depend upon the wave length of the red light, I think.

I just heard from a delivery captain that he liked the "auto-sweep" feature on a recent night voyage. He said it really helped to see the wave action.
May be worth considering.

I just heard from a delivery captain that he liked the "auto-sweep" feature on a recent night voyage. He said it really helped to see the wave action.
May be worth considering.

I have a adjustable forward looking IR camera that can be changed to red. It is good to find channel makers at night. It can also sweep

Cost me big bucks but cheap considering what happens if one misses a marker at night.

I also have a stationary IR camera pointing aft... good for back down and USCG approaching. WINK

another option: If you have a cordless drill, many of the drill companies have spotlights that use the drill batteries. That way you're not buying more systems to keep charged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom