ezberci

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ezberci

Vessel Name
Tickety Boo&Pruva Neta
Vessel Make
Tarquin Trader 41+2. 1989&Trader 44-2002
İntroducing

Hi guys
I am a new member of this valuable site.I am living in Turkey.I love Marine Business,worked in Navy 20 years and established Ezberci Marine 24 years ago.I bought My Boat “Tickety Boo”from ex.English owners(Linda&Brian Dobson)in 2013.I started to refit her and planned to finish in 6 Months

Welcome aboard!

Tell us more about Tickety Boo. Also pictures would be great.

David

IMG_4739.jpgIMG_4741.jpgIMG_4744.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Tell us more about Tickety Boo. Also pictures would be great.

David

Hi David,

Tickety Boo is a member of Tarquin Trader Family.She is 41+2 in lenght has been built in Taiwan in 1989.Than imported to Marmaris/ Turkey.Sold to Ex.englis owners in 2003 and we love her with my wife .We rae the owner of Tickety Boo since Oct.2013.She only has a sundeck boat when I bought and we refit her by adding fly bridge first.It was only the thing disturbed me Engine Room.Two of the Cat 3208,260 HP@2800 were so big and limited space in engine room.So why I started agin refit this season.I just removed two CAT and maintening two John Deere 4045 TFM 135 HP@2500 RPM.
It is the summary of our love to Tickety.
All the best.
Zuhal&Fikret

Zuhal, that is a very English saying/name! (actually stands for either everything is fine, or right away/quickly!) :)

Are you thinking of renaming her?

Zuhal, that is a very English saying/name! (actually stands for either everything is fine, or right away/quickly!) :)

Are you thinking of renaming her?

No.We discussed this subject when buying a boat.Tickety Boo in Turkish is "HER SEY YOLUNDA"means everything is fine.But keeping the name as same is loyality of the memories what happend on board.So we kept the name to respect ex.owners memories.We enjoyed it.

Thanks.

Welcome, clearly you are a skilled boat worker to build a fly bridge and replace engines. I agree that those old cats are too big. Inline engines work better in boats in my opinion.

Welcome, clearly you are a skilled boat worker to build a fly bridge and replace engines. I agree that those old cats are too big. Inline engines work better in boats in my opinion.

Good work Ezberci, but curious. The lighter 4045s and added flybridge may have changed original stability calculations. Did you add ballast?

That was my opinion Archie,
Since I am 43 years in Marine Business I bored when saw the engine room.my choise is everything should be easy,simple and clear.Why I take a risk for tradational Boat.I passed 550 miles from Marmaris to Istanbul with my wife only to make refit at our neightboor/Tuzla Istanbul.So it was to hard to decide to remove all of the things in engine room to meet clear space before restarting.But everthing will be better I believe.

Good work Ezberci, but curious. The lighter 4045s and added flybridge may have changed original stability calculations. Did you add ballast?

I don't think so to put extra weight.I will also refit Flybridge from composite grp&plywood to Aluminium structure than will save some weights.You are totaly right if we neglect this issue we may be meet some diseaster.Thank you again.

Fikret

Hi there and welcome. All of the work you are doing is quite impressive!

Welcome good cruising!

Welcome aboard. We also have a sundeck boat. Love the layout. Good luck with your refit.

Welcome Zuhal and congratulations on owning Tickety Boo. We know this boat from when we lived in Marmaris Yat Marine on our sailboat from 2006-2015. It is a very nice boat. We loved our time in Turkey and really love Istanbul.
Gary

Back
Top Bottom