Looking for a dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hector

Family right here in the Northeast New York closed area looking for a dinghy I need one trying to save some money and trying to find a good used one thank you

I suggest asking around at local marinas. Someone may have one for sale or know someone who does.

I got my 8 ' rowing dingy off cl for 100 .it's only good for two people. no motor or paddles included . so search craigslist I put 7 to 12 feet in to cut out most other boats and set the high price to a grand .

I have a 2012 Mercury 270 PVC Airdeck and a 2003 Mercury 3.3hp 2 cycle that are going up for sale in the spring... haven't set a price yet. I bought them both in 2012. The dinghy was brand new (receipt says I paid $1256) and the outboard had never been run (I paid $400 cash). Both are in excellent condition. They're stored in my basement during the winter and under a cover during the summer. They have about 25 hours on them. I'm in NJ. Send me a private message if you're interested.

I've been looking too. My old Caribe 9 rib blew out one tube and blew the valve out of another when it was super-compressed between my stern and a huge line of Mangrove bushes when the water was sucked out of the canal. I've given up trying to fix the thing. Looking at used ones on FL City Craigslists. I wonder what re-tubing would cost.

I've had 2 inflatable dinghy's and never ever ever would I have another.
Feral kids with pocket knives just can't resist them.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

I've had 2 inflatable dinghy's and never ever ever would I have another.
Feral kids with pocket knives just can't resist them.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

You want to expand on that a bit?

I haven't heard any stories of vandalism (I have to assume that's what you're implying) of inflatable dinghies in the USA. They are very popular here.

Many of us would have no dinghy if we couldn't deflate it for storage.

The first one I had was fitted with a ply wood floor and the kids were playing around up a small river and it got punctured on a piece of branch, despite several attempts the repair was never a success.
The second was slung on the davits and I was moored in the centre of town on the visitors moorings, about 2 am I heard some laughter and the dinghy getting slashed and the vandals were gone like lightning.
I paid a 'professional' to repair it but was never a success and had to be scrapped.
I guess I'm just unlucky.

In the USA, I think kids would be more likely to steal a dinghy than to vandalize it. The worst that's happened to me is some kids stole a crab net off the back of my boat.

It was at a city owned marina in the downtown part of town and there was no security other than a "no trespassing" sign.

We actually were going to visit Hamlin in Germany (of Pied Piper fame) and we did a side detour to Dortmund, they make lovely beer and I wanted to show my mate '10 mark alley'. On the charts it showed a town marina with coded gate, we were a bit nervous as we watched the ethnics trading envelopes outside the gated area. We were tired after a long day, tied up and later discovered half the population knew the gate code, then got our dinghy slashed so we cast of and tied up at a steelworks for the night.
If you read the internet/papers and hear Merkel of Germany/EU saying there are no ethnic 'No Go' areas for the police, don't believe a word of it, we saw it with our own eyes.

Wow I don't know what to do now which relation of the dinghy because all the comments they're so negative don't know I just need small dinghy

Hector if you want to buy a dinghy just you go ahead and choose what will do your job.
My experiences are in Europe, way away from where you wish to cruise.
When my family were very young a 9ft fibreglass dinghy was great for the kids pottering up rivers and simply messing around. As they grew larger so the dinghy's became a bit larger until they finally morphed into speed boats as they became teenagers. Its all about having fun and enjoying life.

Irish Rambler, we liked Dortmund,especially the castle,and the river. We were recently in Frankfurt,saw many new arrivals, and felt very uncomfortable in some areas.
Hector, the standard is an inflatable. Light, easy to carry up a beach, easy to store, convenient, and buoyant. They do like an outboard though and best not bump into hard sharp things. Plastic, alloy, wood, will likely be more durable,but heavier. We`ve had our inflatable 11 years, I`ve done one lot of repairs,it`s still good. But beware of buying a used one unless you are sure about it.

I was stationed in Germany for a good few years and liked it very much and I travelled extensively both with work and for pleasure which was one reason we cruised up there but as you quite rightly say the 'new arrivals' are dragging some area's down which is a pity.
Anyone living where strong sunshine is a factor would do well to copy the Australian way of putting a tube cover to prevent UV degradation.

I have an older 7-8' Avon Dingy with a three year old 2.3HP honda motor for sale.

As spring arrives you will see more listed on Craigs List, buyer beware of used rafts though, sometime the money saved.....

You may want to consider a Porta bot. Folding boats of some infamy. I use one for my tender. Totally indestructible, rows much better than an inflatable and speeds along great on 3.5 hp.
Sits tipped up on the swim platform of my Sundeck happy as can be and is relatively lite for transport.

Looking for a Livingston 9 if anyone knows of one for sale..

Back
Top Bottom