View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #25
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
For those thinking she’ll be too rolly because of the 8’ beam look at how low and not massive the house is. Everything is relative and IMO a boat w this aspect ratio (long and narrow) will be more stable than a normal rather fat trawler w a high house and a wide beam. All other things being equal a longer boat (high aspect ratio) will be more stable.

I don’t see a stability problem at all.

But the aft house on a planing hull is unacceptable. And such an odd first boat configuration. If I was offering a new boat I’d start w a tried and proven boat. Many more potential customers. It’s kinda like offering a tripple screw boat.

Do I remember correctly ... it’s an IO boat?

But three 25hp inboard 3cyl diesels fwd w the house faised a bit and fwd would at least draw me.

I know it’s obvious the aft cabin is a cute boat draw. When one says “hey look at the new Sea Piper” everyone will relate to the it’s new element.

For those w real interest in the boat my opinion is that you won’t wait long for a traditional house/cabin configuration. If they survive the aft cabin roll-out and initial offering.

By the way I think it’s odd they call the SP a 35’ boat. She’s not even 34.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote