Well, I was hoping.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Ms. WB & Ms. S. "Well, as Mae West said."(post #92) I'm confused. ALL of these apply... https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/259666.Mae_West

WORTH a read. True Mae....

200w.gif

Congratulations on the boat. I hope the sleeping accommodation is generous,and robust.

I don't trust them assessors. They assessed a boat of mine at the same value I paid for it brand-new eight years earlier in a divorce settlement (lived with it)! Automobiles and boats depreciate while real estate can grow in value ten-fold within some years or so. Not so boats.

Awww, so happy for you kids! We wish you every joy in your lives. Suzie & were married May 20th, 1972.

that was a good month and year .(I was born two days later) you were lucky to find the right one early it took me a few tries and a couple hundred boat units.

Congrats! Think about installing an isolation transformer as protection against hot docks and marinas, or being part of the problem.

Congrats! Think about installing an isolation transformer as protection against hot docks and marinas, or being part of the problem.

Part of the 10% I will end up spending first year right there...galvanic isolator..along with GFCI outlets, bonding system tested ground'neutrals sorted out. No transformer due to space and ventilation challenges. Plus, I've been told, transformer is the most effective but maybe a little overkill for my situation. Little things add up but you will love having the boat!

Greetings,
"Pics of the wedding too please......" +1 ... and remember, TF is supposed to be a "G" rated site...Just sayin'

Hubby B: That song expresses my feelings so well. Reminds me always how lucky I am. I really can't remember before.

Oh beautiful venue for a wedding! Congratulations on everything!

I would still make sure your bonding (on the boat) is good. Took me 3 weeks to do it correctly. Galvanic isolator? Yes please!

Most galvanic isolators are just hefty diode bridges, if they shorten, nothing will tell you unless the device has a sensing circuit. So it must be checked if you observe too much corrosion. If a one volt DC current goes through, it is faulty.

Thanks WB

Wifey B: You're welcome. That all led to hubby leading me to our music room and singing the song to me and then in the romantic mood my umm.....off...and then umm :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Nice song. We're back now though. :)

Greetings,
"Pics of the wedding too please......" +1 ... and remember, TF is supposed to be a "G" rated site...Just sayin'

"R" rated occasionally... Having "R"es"T"ricted as resident muse! - :dance: :D

Forever Song... I often sing to my Linda! :thumb:

:flowers::smitten:

Congrats to almost newly weds! Might consider stabilizers on your new Luv Boat!
Man you guys have a bunch goin on! New Boat, Newly weds. I smell a possible crawfish boil for that reception....and Abita Maison Blanc beer!

Greetings,

I promise that pictures of the WEDDING will be G rated. :angel::D

Oh beautiful venue for a wedding! Congratulations on everything!

I would still make sure your bonding (on the boat) is good. Took me 3 weeks to do it correctly. Galvanic isolator? Yes please!

The yard that’s doing the work is supposed to make sure the bonding is good. They are supposed to do some sort of electrical testing once it’s back in the water.
That stuff is WAY over my head.

Congrats to almost newly weds! Might consider stabilizers on your new Luv Boat!
Man you guys have a bunch goin on! New Boat, Newly weds. I smell a possible crawfish boil for that reception....and Abita Maison Blanc beer!

Actually....we are having a crawfish boil at our house on Sunday...the day after the wedding. Lots of family coming from out of town and they all want crawfish!
Given that it’s the day after the wedding, David won’t be boiling them himself. He’ll be too tired! So we are going to have them delivered already boiled.

Then Monday morning head out on the boat for our honeymoon trip. We don’t even know yet where we’re going to go. We’re just going to head east and play it by ear. Just want a relaxing week on the boat!

Nobody has asked what we’re going to name the new boat!

Most galvanic isolators are just hefty diode bridges, if they shorten, nothing will tell you unless the device has a sensing circuit. So it must be checked if you observe too much corrosion. If a one volt DC current goes through, it is faulty.

Before reading this remember what I said before...I know nothing....! I THOUGHT I read, and was told, that current Isolators should be "Fail Safe" which mean it will take a higher load and does not require a monitoring system...no?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom