Our new boat 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haylands

Vessel Name
Barefoot Lady
Vessel Make
1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
We closed yesterday on our new boat, a 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1. She is beautiful and all ours, not to mention a credit to her last owner.....

Barefoot Lady

12365-albums689-picture4188.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4189.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4190.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4193.png

12365-albums689-picture4192.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4191.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4194.jpg

12365-albums689-picture4195.jpg

As one Hatt owner to another, congratulations on your purchase. That's a particularly nice model for cruising and looks to be in great shape.:thumb:

50 yrs old and pride of ownership by P.O. is obvious, enjoy her and congrats!

Thanks, she is in excellent condition, when the survey can only note a missing positive rubber boot on an alternator, some wiring clips and a leaking packing gland on a rudder (that had just been repacked so needed adjustment) you know you have found a good boat...

Some of her spec...

Detroit Diesel 4-53s that were completely rebuilt, along with her transmissions, in 2016 less than 800 hours. 7.5kn at 1,500rpm using 3.1GPH
Rocna Fortress 33 kg anchor with 240 feet of chain, 300 feet of rode—new 2014. This is heavy ground tackle. We have never slipped anchor, even in gales.
Bruce standby anchor with 300 feet of rode.
Fortress emergency anchor with a lot of rode.
Sea anchor
Garmin radar, Garmin 7212 touch screen chart plotters at both helms, new 2014
Raymarine autopilot with remote, new 2014
Raymarine depth sounder, new 2015
Active AIS, transmit and receive, that plays on the Garmin.
Pipewelder deck crane (we use it as an emergency crane)
Trinka hand built 10’ rowing, sailing, power dinghy with 2 1/4 horsepower Honda outboard, new 2014. This is a beautiful, beautiful tender. She rows and sails like a dream, and powers well at hull speed.
KTI fuel polisher, new 2014
Full steering system overhauled 2016
Cruise RO 20 gph water maker, new 2015. All parts are off the shelf and available world wide.
Three Standard horizon VHFs with DSC, MMSI, etc. New 2014 and 2016. We use three radios often in busy harbors or in bad weather.
Icom Single Sideband radio, new 2015.
Long range VHS and SSB antennas. We have received VHF nearly 50 miles offshore, and received SSB from thousands of miles away.
PSS dripless shaft seals, new 2016
Racor dual manifold primary filters (4 filters total) with vacuum gauges, new 2014
Bilge pump cycle counters, bilge high water alarms, new 2015
Custom Glastop settee, new 2014
Teak and holly sole, new 2014
We have replaced five port lights in the last few years, and rebedded the others. They’re tight. No leaks at all
Two new custom built teak side doors.
Deck nonskid paint will be new as of 2018.
Clipper anenometer and wind direction, new 2016
Bottom soda blasted, epoxy barrier coated and painted with Petit Trinidad in 2016.
Hull has no blisters.
Two main props and two spare props in lazarette reconditioned and balanced in 2017. One is new.
All canvas and isenglass new 2015
Shaft Shark line cutters ahead of props.
Shaft Savers to dampen shaft vibrations (and to make space for the Shaft Sharks).
6 group 31s plus three cranking batteries. They are Exide 31XPDs New 2018
Two Solbian flexible solar panels on the bimini 2015
Three Cruisaire units, one for each community compartment. Two are relatively new. One is older. New sea water pump and most hoses new 2017
Wedge desk with monitor on arm to make forward V birth an office.
Mast trimmed to allow 17 foot clearance in fresh water (with folding anchor light down and anemometer removed). You can get under all the bridges on the Great Loop.
10 Taylor fenders, plus two large ball fenders
Heavy duty twin 30 foot snubbers, plus one light duty 18 foot snubber.
Lifesling rescue throwable with line.
Emergency boarding ladder
Swim platform and folding swim latter
Stainless railing. No teak on deck, except for bow pulpit.
New carpet fore and aft in 2014.
Washer/Dryer
Princess propane stovetop and oven, new 2014
Corian counter top, new 2014
Raritan PuraSan Type 1 MSD, new 2016
All sanitary hoses and PVC new 2016
Vacu-Flush toilets use 1/2 pint of fresh water a flush. 2016
Freshwater and deckwash pumps new 2017
Four person life raft, new 2015,
Westerbeke 7.6KW Gen Set new 2014 450hrs
Brownies 120V surface air supply (a hookah) with 60 feet of hose and a secondary regulator and mouthpiece 2014

Congratulations on the new boat.
Have you settled on a home port for her?

Curt

Congratulations on the new boat.
Have you settled on a home port for her?

Curt

With the new regulations of foreign nationals owning pleasure craft in the US she will be undocumented with the USCG, unregistered in Florida and then registered at Lloyds of London and fly the red ensign..

We live in the city of Hull in East Yorkshire so we will probably have

Hull on her hull...!!!

Just to confuse people...

What I meant to say was where in FL will you keep the boat,

Curt

Great boats. Introduce yourself to the Hatteras Owner's Forum too. The sponsor there, Sam's Marine, is a great source of knowledge and parts. There is a separate LRC owners somewhere too. I have happy memories of cruising a friend's MarkII LRC through the Canadian Maritimes. Influenced me to go Hatteras as well, we lived aboard and cruised a 56MY for almost 7 years. You're going to have some fun with that!

Great boats. Introduce yourself to the Hatteras Owner's Forum too. The sponsor there, Sam's Marine, is a great source of knowledge and parts. There is a separate LRC owners somewhere too. I have happy memories of cruising a friend's MarkII LRC through the Canadian Maritimes. Influenced me to go Hatteras as well, we lived aboard and cruised a 56MY for almost 7 years. You're going to have some fun with that!

I've actually been a member over there since 2015, the first boat forum I joined... must have known then I'd buy one.... will post something soon..

And the LRC club, cheers...

I've actually been a member over there since 2015, the first boat forum I joined... must have known then I'd buy one.... will post something soon..

And the LRC club, cheers...

I'm GJH on the HOF forum.

We go Seacrest a little west of Panama City Beach area now and again. Our daughter is an immigration and international law attorney in New Orleans if you ever need help on that front ;o). Knows some Admiralty Law attorneys as well as a result.

Congratulations.... very nice!

Hatteras 42 lrc Mrk 1

I like your post. I am crazy about this model... and the mark 1 specially. Do you have the 4-53 engines or others ? I may purchase one soon. Best regards. Muriel

I missed the announcement, but WOW, what a nice example. Congratulations and enjoy. Big LRC admirer here!

Look at you!!!!

Nice boat!

I like the Trinka as well. I am a little too arthritic and xl sized to use a Trinka comfortably, but they sure are neat little boats.

Your pictures show a very nicely maintained LRC. I wish there were more like yours for sale up here in Michigan.

Enjoy!

Those 70 and 80 vintage Hatties made many a heart flutter in the 80s and many still flutter at the sight of them now 50 years later.., beautiful!

pete

Knowing the quality of mid 70's Hatts. :dance:

Having looked at your photos as well as specs...

I give you big congrats for locating that Hatt; so well maintained by PO!

Like getting a nearly new boat at small % of new cost.

:thumb: :speed boat:

Another 42' LRC Mark I

Dear All, I also just closed also on my dream boat for such long time.... a Mark I built in 1979. I am more than happy. I have a refit to do that will take time but this is part of the adventure. Pictures and details coming soon ! I am happy to share experiences with the LRC family now !!! :):):):)

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Have a great time learning all about it.

Keep the breeze at your stern, waves at your bow and tidal current in your direction.

Enjoy the heck out of your "new" boat. Welcome!

Congratulations, that’s a fine looking rig. Engine room looks awesome.

Congrats to the new Hatteras owners. Love to see these classics still being kept up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom