Ahoy From OLOH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruzer

Vessel Name
OLOH
Vessel Make
60 Jefferson Marquessa Motor Yacht
Longtime lurker, first time poster. We’ve been thoroughly enjoying the site for some time and would like to thank the many of you who have unknowingly been extraordinarily helpful over the past year as we’ve researched, surveyed, purchased, begun to refit and kicked off our new adventure. After years of cruising at twenty-six knots we are fortunate to now be able to take the time to more thoroughly enjoy the journey and have settled in nicely to the ten knot cruise. What a difference! We’ve been on board and on the move since October from New York’s Hudson Valley to Key West on our new-to-us 60’ Jefferson Motor Yacht (which we LOVE) and are finally settling in for a spell so hopefully we can now take some time to give back. Although our boat is obviously not a trawler it seems that the shared lifestyle is among what’s truly important here. It’s good to be in the company of such passionate cruisers (some of whom are apparently our new neighbors) and we look forward to being constructive, contributing members of the TF crew.

And yes, we have been blogging about our travels and experiences since acquiring OLOH which has become another passion project unto itself. We hope our blog provides boaters (and non-boaters) with some entertaining and helpful information about the waters we’ve traveled and places we’ve been to as well as the projects we’ve undertaken and plan to get to. And if you enjoy seeing lots of pictures of a very cool rescue dog you’ll get that too.

Thanks again for fostering a terrific community here. It’s such a big part of what boating is all about for us.

16234-albums687-picture4186.jpg

M/Y OLOH at 'Tween Waters Marina, Captiva, Florida

16234-albums688-picture4187.jpg

Jasper on-deck

www.myoloh.com/blog

Welcome to TF. Nice boat!!

Beautiful boat and cute dog.
What’s the meaning of the boats name?

Welcome aboard, nice looking boat and dog. Our lab loves the boat.

Thank you for the friendly welcome! We've already had a very nice member stop by to say hi. And thanks for the Jasper compliments - he rightfully gets a whole lot more attention than us.

As far as the name, we get asked the question a lot. You've been listening to boat music for a good amount of time so I'll give my usual clue...

"Let's get together and feel alright!"

(which is, after all what it's all about)

As far as the name, we get asked the question a lot. You've been listening to boat music for a good amount of time so I'll give my usual clue...

"Let's get together and feel alright!"

(which is, after all what it's all about)

Got it! I like it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom