ICW at Morgan City, La

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

latravcha

Just an FYI for anyone traveling the ICW in the Morgan City, La area. I recieved the below email today.

To all stakeholders:

We were notified by the Corps of Engineers that the Atchafalaya River is expected to rise significantly to around + 5 in about 10 days. Bayou Boeuf Lock will have to close since it is currently operating with one set of gates. Vessels will have to use the alternate route through the Atchafalaya River and Bayou Chene.

Economic Development Manager
Port of Morgan City
7327 Highway 182 - Office
800 Youngs Road - Port Terminal
P. O. Box 1460, Morgan City, LA 70381
Office 985-384-0850, Ext. 114 . Fax 985-385-1931

Going around the lock is not a big deal other than adding an additional 25 miles for the detour. The detour route is down Bayou Chene to the Atchafalaya river and back up to the ICW. Expect traffic to be heavy.

I was driving, car, through Morgan City a couple of days ago.
The refurbished city docks look good. Electric in 115, 30 and 50 amp, water, pilings and cleats to tie to, good hardware store and restaurants close by. Side tie parallel to river current.

Yep they are very nice.
Talked to a couple passing through on an 44 Island gypsy a few weeks ago that had to stay for a few days because of work on the locks. They complement the city for the condition of the docks.

I hope you all will be able to make it to our lunch next Sat

Steve, I got your PM
I have to check with the wife and see if my daughters have softball or volleyball game. If they do not we will stop by for a little while. Hope we can make it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom