Thread: Clearwater
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #21
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan View Post
A friend of mine used a term "Urban boating" to describe Dade and Broward counties.
Wifey B: Fort Lauderdale is where the action is. Boating capital. I prefer living here but I love the west coast too. More of everything in FLL and MIA, which is either good or bad depending on what you like. I like it. We don't urban boat much because we run outside. A trip to MIA is out of Port Everglades and in at Government Cut, then you're on South Beach.

All larger cities are just like larger cities elsewhere. Go north from FLL and Jupiter is like a rural town by comparison. Go 15 miles out of Clearwater and a whole different vibe. Someone mentioned Gulfport, FL, a little gem. Friends who live in Sarasota and wouldn't think of living anywhere else. Actual natives. We talk about moving from Charlotte NC but we didn't live in Charlotte. We lived on Lake Norman and all lived either in Cornelius or Huntersville or Davidson. Very confusing. Might be in one town according to the post office, electric and water and sewer from another and according to the phone company you're in another. Neighbor's friends never could get neighbor's phone number through directory assistance as they never guessed it would be listed in a town miles away. Hubby grew up in the middle of Charlotte but I never lived there.

From FLL you can go 10 miles to Pompano and find waterfront homes for less than half. Same thing around Clearwater.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote