Greetings from Minnesota!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Hello Forum!

I’d like to say thanks to all of you, this is a super forum and you all are a bunch of interesting boaters.

We boat up here on the Mississippi and St. Croix rivers. I don’t have a trawler yet, but my wife and I and kids (4 and 5) use our Monterey 302 cruiser much like one. I’m very much a fan of trawlers and you folks and your boating style. My kids joke whenever we come into a marina and I see a trawler- “uh oh we know who dad is going to go talk to” and they are right!

My goal someday is a boat like yours. Right now our cruiser serves us well, but in just 2 seasons my wife and kids have loved our river travels. We strap the bicycles to the deck, and are off to a new river adventure as often as we can.

Right now my obsession is a Ranger 31CB, but I’m also impressed with a few experienced Camano’s up here, and the rare Nordic or American we run across.

Anyway, wanted to say a quick hello! Thanks again for all your discussions!

TTFN

-MNCruiser

Welcome from another Minnesota resident! We boated those waters for years, in a very similar boat, before we finally decided to keep her on Lake Superior. I look at this forum as part of my training, pulling experience from those who have a much longer and more varied season than you or I do. Glad you're here.
BD

Welcome from another Minnesota resident! We boated those waters for years, in a very similar boat, before we finally decided to keep her on Lake Superior.
BD

Thanks! I grew up spending summers on various sailboats mainly around the Apostle Islands and Duluth. It’s an awesome area! I actually picked my boat up from Madeline Island, it had been out of the water for a few years, had it moved down here.

My goal is similar, right now we like having the boat close to the cities for easier use, but I can see myself wanting to be up in Bayfield permanently!

Where do you keep your boat up there?

Back
Top Bottom