Transformation Continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you use Teak Guard on the interior of Ebbtide as well as exterior? I've placed my order and am waiting for it to arrive so I can do the brightwork.

Last edited:
Just the exterior. Matt finish Epifanes on the interior.

Been quite a while since we sent Ebbtide to her next caretaker. That garbage about the happiest day in a boat owners life just isn’t true, I miss that old hunk of mahogany every single day! She is living a good life with Mark though. Sigh.....

It must be hard seeing all that blue water and clear skies around you and still not be out there floating.

Kinda like being hungry with empty pockets, looking into a restaurant window longingly...

Seeing Airstream's thread about removing his flying bridge probably doesn't help either, does it? I'm between boats too, and I feel your pain.

Curious how you got the Cetol off the teak. My 40' Tolly has it on the teak railings and bulwarks and it isn't looking so good.
Bill

Back and better than ever. 1926 Winslow 56'!

1926?!? Is that the oldest boat on the forum??? Is that Seafarer? If so, she’s a gorgeous ship!

Either way, congratulations and welcome back!

1926?!? Is that the oldest boat on the forum??? Is that Seafarer? If so, she’s a gorgeous ship!

Either way, congratulations and welcome back!

It is Seafarer! Thank you!

Bob,
You've done it!
The classic sedan lives!
The GB's are so seldom seen w/o the FB there's no comparison. But now we have it. To me sans FB is perfect, better and better looking but many aren't comfortable w different than usual houses, cars, boats or whatever. Thinking out of the box comes natural for others (like myself) but in this case it seems that most any honest person can see your boat looks better .. longer, faster, more stable .. or even sleeker ... at least visually but perhaps to a small degree otherwise too. But then I'm biased. I've been say'in fly bridges are kinda silly all along. Does this make you out to be kind of a myth buster? To some degree yes.

You're insane. Flybridge's make trawlers work, in the correct environment. We spend 95% of our time cruising from the fly bridge in So Cal. It's a huge improvement in visualization and manuevering. I get it if you don't have the climate, but otherwise the "cruisability" of having a fly bridge when you can have it is undeniable. Just have a good shade and you will be living large.

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom