Lost at sea for months?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I had your faith in human nature, or karma.

Let's assume for argument's sake that their story is proven to be full of that which comes out of the north end of a southbound bull.

I think it's very plausible that they start to cry about how unfair they're being treated because of their gender, or orientation, or race, or some such.

The conspiracy theory gains ground (as they all seem to nowadays) and someone starts a go fund me site to buy them a new boat and provisions for their next awesome adventure. They become cult heroes in whatever aggrieved group takes up their cause.

I really hope I'm wrong!

Reymus M. Part Deux

Why yes, the movie is called "The Mercy" and came out last month. Huh -- never shown here. Well that's disappointing, we were eagerly waiting for that. Teignmouth Electron, still decaying on a beach somewhere as I recall. Poor disturbed guy, stepped off his boat into the deep, or so they think.

Apparently, it omits Moitessier, who was crazier, but better funded.

Apparently, it omits Moitessier, who was crazier, but better funded.

Oh, don't get me started on eccentric, "follow your bliss" Moitessier. Like somebody who runs the New York marathon, steps around the tape at the finish line and keeps running to Los Angeles. I'm a Robin Knox Johnston kind of guy myself. Or Captain Edwin Shuman in the '79 Fastnet with his crew of academy cadets, now there's a story.

They remind me of Rosie Ruiz. She "ran" the Boston Marathon and won....a few days later they figured out she took the subway for most of it.

Wifey B: Engine ran like a top the last time it was shut off and has less than 12 hours on it? They why did they say it failed on May 30?

Oh, I so don't like those lying female dogs and my deepest apologies to real dogs. :censored::censored::censored:

Wifey B: Engine ran like a top the last time it was shut off and has less than 12 hours on it? They why did they say it failed on May 30?

Oh, I so don't like those lying female dogs and my deepest apologies to real dogs. :censored::censored::censored:

I think you're being trolled. Very effectively it would seem.:socool::rofl::lol:

I think you're being trolled. Very effectively it would seem.:socool::rofl::lol:

Wifey B: Could be, but even if so, still don't like them. You're probably right about trolling but wouldn't surprise me. Wonder if someone might go find the boat. Maybe the sharks are running it back to shore. :rofl:

Last edited:
We live in a world of fake news. It doesn't have to be real, it just needs to make headlines.
It's nothing new.
Newspapers have always stretched the truth to sell papers, sometimes having nothing more than an acorn and making it into a tree or even a forest.
The advent of 24 hr cable news amplified that 100 fold. They need constant "news" even when there is no news.

Now, just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, we have social media, Facebook and Google in particular, who have developed a money making machine that makes the most money with no vetting of anything, all in the name of free speech.

Apparently, their boat (Sea Nymph) is still afloat after being abandoned 3 1/2 months ago. Here's a link I found on another forum.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom