'We sold everything to do this and lost it in 20 minutes'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About midway into the dives he took a call from FL. It seems a guy went missing in vortex and LEO from the state wanted him for a recovery. I protested and said we had him captured offshore. Anyway he went as far as anyone in that hell hole and found no evidence of the guy. It may still be a mystery. Left a car at site and other stuff. Weird.

My understanding was that they saw the parade of bugs going in to feast and figured he was in one of those stupid tight spots that was not worth the risk for a body recovery.

Ted

A couple of points.
These days kids are not permitted to be kids, to discover nature, walk in the woods, interact with the other kids.
Nope, here's your computer, iPad and iPhone. Go have fun, dont leave the house and remember dinner will be served when your father gets home.

A couple of points.
These days kids are not permitted to be kids, to discover nature, walk in the woods, interact with the other kids.
Nope, here's your computer, iPad and iPhone. Go have fun, dont leave the house and remember dinner will be served when your father gets home.

Not sure about the "permitted" part. Yes, there has been this displacement from physical reality to the virtual space; But, the root cause is the kids desire to fit in. We have a landline phone (not sure why), but even with 2x teenage girls, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM USE IT. not ever.
When you take them somewhere at nite. I get distracted by all the light blinks. Snapchat demands this photo thing going on. Selfies to the tune of 6 per minute! :facepalm:

I thought it was pretty cool to 2 way page others in the same corporate meeting (in silent mode). This was back in the '90s. Now, its payback time. In those days you didn't know for sure who sent the page, since it was dependent on a manually signed text field. Well, you could sign as anyone.
Imagine the mayhem one could cause. :angel:

I thought it was pretty cool to 2 way page others in the same corporate meeting (in silent mode). This was back in the '90s. Now, its payback time. In those days you didn't know for sure who sent the page, since it was dependent on a manually signed text field. Well, you could sign as anyone.
Imagine the mayhem one could cause. :angel:

I remember the days of no pagers, no phone answering machines, no communications once out of the house or office. No distractions during dinner or driving. I visit one restaurant that seems to deaden the cell phone signal or maybe it is the lack of window. SHRUG I dont need or want to try to eat dinner when the adjacent people are shouting into their phones about the latest family "disaster" or gossip.

I hope the airlines never permit cell phone service on flights. I do not want to hear someone carrying on a conversation during a flight from Atlanta or New York while crossing the ocean for 5 or 6 hours.

WifeyB, ah the advantage of not getting into family fights, gossiping and the dreaded questions, "And how was school today?"

I hope the airlines never permit cell phone service on flights. I do not want to hear someone carrying on a conversation during a flight from Atlanta or New York while crossing the ocean for 5 or 6 hours.

I hate to disappoint you but we've moved considerably in that direction and at least one airline making it clear you can use the cell phone on their flights. Some think the FAA prohibits the use, but they do not, leaving it up to individual airlines. Obviously once at full altitude, it has to be in WIFI mode. We've texted on planes successfully. So, it's coming.

Already, been years now, just use the onboard WiFi with your VoIP compatible service.

Then I guess it is very noisy back in coach.
I have been witness to women go on and on through out my dinner with one of their friends. Why cant they at least wait until they get into their own private car.

Yup, next month, 75. The memory is shot to hell too!!

shoot, that's not old. The trick is to make your body fall apart rather instantly and not progressively. Younger next year. its been out for a while now. It has its funny sections too.

shoot, that's not old. The trick is to make your body fall apart rather instantly and not progressively. Younger next year. its been out for a while now. It has its funny sections too.

Reminds me of the time I was thrown out of a Turkish whore house. Not that exciting but, few people can say that has happened to them.

Reminds me of the time I was thrown out of a Turkish whore house. :eek:.

I've got to hit a FPL substation on NE 163 st next month, along with 25 others. I'll buy a few of you guys in Dade drinks. I'm sure the stories will be worth it. I wanna see that KK42 in Biscayne too.

I've got to hit a FPL substation on NE 163 st next month, along with 25 others. I'll buy a few of you guys in Dade drinks. I'm sure the stories will be worth it. I wanna see that KK42 in Biscayne too.

That's not far from me. Care to share the address of the meeting place and time?
I will be leaving here to go to Atlanta the 1st of March.

3/12 to 3/21 for the work trip. I'll also be in FL all next week on a family/dive trip, but only as far as Boca/Deerfield.

I need a go fund me page to pay for new tanks aft cabin recore paint oh yea and pay off this loan I consigned for one of my children , but no I work so not eligible .it must be nice . but I think begging for money would spoil the fun.

Have they paid to remove the first wreck that they left behind, or has that been left for the rest of us to clean up while they go wreck another one?

Have they paid to remove the first wreck that they left behind, or has that been left for the rest of us to clean up while they go wreck another one?

Probably not. When they sink the next one, they can say "Put that on the tax payers tab".

Does that mean they replaced the boat for $1,and still the $ their begging raised.

Help me please. I am heavily investing the stock market and in the past 3 days, I have lost a significant amount of money.
Please send me money so I can spend it foolishly on my boat. I only a couple hundred thousand.

Lemme know if that works.

Last edited:
One of the articles answered my question. They have signed the sunken boat over to a salvor and paid his fee. But they paid $5000, and raised $16000. Not clear what’s happening to the remaining $11000 since they said the proceeds were to clean up the wreck. Perhaps it can be a pay-forward to the next wreck :)

"Broadwell and Walsh, who had zero sailing experience before embarking on their last short adventure, hope to start their trip on the Odyssey by next week." .

...on a 33 yr old boat that's just sitting behind the doctor's house deteriorating. Is no one giving these kids any advice??? Or maybe they're just refusing to accept any....

"Broadwell and Walsh, who had zero sailing experience before embarking on their last short adventure, hope to start their trip on the Odyssey by next week." .

...on a 33 yr old boat that's just sitting behind the doctor's house deteriorating. Is no one giving these kids any advice??? Or maybe they're just refusing to accept any....

Perhaps the question should be, will they take the advice?

I have an incredibly low opinion of these two. Likely I am just a crotchety old fart, but they disgust me. Even more stupid are the folks that donated money to their go fund me account.

The smartest person involved may be the guy that sold them his old boat for a $1. Likely the best sale he ever made. He has saved himself the trouble and expense of disposing of that boat.

Help me please. I am heavily investing the stock market and in the past 3 days, I have lost a significant amount of money.
Please send me money so I can spend it foolishly on my boat.

Even TF'rs fall on hard times now and then.

Attachments

• money cup.jpg
    money cup.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 293
Back
Top Bottom