New Member!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruising Sea Venture

Vessel Name
Sea Venture
Vessel Make
54' Cheoy Lee LRT
Hello everyone,

I must admit to being one of those who has read forum topics for sometime without joining.

We have now decided to join the conversation.

We have a 54' Cheoy Lee long range trawler, and having retired a little early a few years ago, now live and cruise full time. We have about 6,000 hours of cruising experience and are still learning more every day. Currently we are cruising in the Pacific Northwest. We are preparing our trawler, Sea Venture, and ourselves to head off on a circumnavigation.

We have a youtube channel that we started last summer as a way to document and share our cruising with friends and family. It's completely non-monitized - ie: we do not recieve anything back except viewers comments in return for doing the videos. It's turned into a fun hobby that has allowed us to connect with so many great people.

Recently we had a spike in YouTube views, and now we know why. It was trawler forum, where a member, Doug from British Columbia, posted a link to our introduction video on our YouTube channel - Cruising Sea Venture :)

We are looking forward to our continued cruising and engaging on Trawler Forum.

We we say at the end of each video, "wishing you no wind and flat seas".

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

Welcome on board, will have to check out your youtube pics.
When you say circumnavigation , is that of the world ?
OK I have checked it out, Around the world , great stuff.

Last edited:
I discovered your videos recently and they are great. It's REAL WORLD cruising and boat maintenance, which is very helpful. (Told my wife "If Rosy can do it, so can you!") All the best and glad you are visiting here too. I linked to your Youtube channel from my blog.

JustBob
M/V Mahalo - Blog

I discovered your videos recently and they are great. It's REAL WORLD cruising and boat maintenance, which is very helpful. (Told my wife "If Rosy can do it, so can you!") All the best and glad you are visiting here too. I linked to your Youtube channel from my blog.

JustBob
M/V Mahalo - Blog

Bob,

Thank you. We are glad you are enjoying the videos. It's just a hobby - so hopefully no one expects too much! They are a lot of fun to make. I don't want to get in trouble with your wife, but I can post a photo of Rosy tightning head gasket bolts with a torque wrench and checking value clearances!

I looked at your blog - the Hampton Endurance is an fantastic boat. We are moored in Everett with a 58' Hampton next to us and an Endurance right behind us. They are just beautiful boats.

Happy Cruising,
Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGiFYRcx8AuaqKLu0t4fFgw

Hi Jim and Rosy,

I have really enjoyed your videos, mainly because your ventures are where we cruise and/or aspire to cruise. I think you have given Sea Venture a second life with your re-investment into her. I found this Youtube video of Sea Venture before you took possession (likely when she was for sale?). Anyhow, attached is that walkthrough of her in the event you have/have not seen it (probably so).

Here's to 'No wind and fair seas.'

Cory
1987 38' Bayliner
Tacoma, WA

Hello Jim and Rosy. Been a long time since your last youtube video. We've been following along and are looking forward to more vids on your upcoming boat prep and circumnavigation. Hope all is well.

Welcome jim and rosy from ron and carma @ eyc

We are looking forward to our continued cruising and engaging on Trawler Forum.

We we say at the end of each video, "wishing you no wind and flat seas".

Jim and Rosy Addington
M/V Sea Venture

Never been a sail boater then..? Or maybe you have..? :D

Back
Top Bottom