Seapiper trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's starting to grow on me . Website says it can be hauled on standard commercial flatbed trailer also. I've heard good from some sailboaters about the Beta marine. I think it's a Kabota engine . Hmm since a new boat maybe they take a trade in.:D

Beta's are great.
Some are in Willards.
I've heard of parts and service problems though.
All I've ever heard of or seen are Kabotas.

Kabotas are bullet proof engines. Large presence in small tractors and yard equipment. Lots of industrial gensets run by them also. Allweather boats used them in their 26' boat.

S of F,
I have a similar engine. An S4L2 37hp Mitsubishi. It's usually found on small front end loaders and other similar equipment like Kabota engines. Lots of generators too. Haven't shot at it so don't know if it's bullet proof. No problems that were the fault of the engine in over 10 years. I don't think I'd be better off w a Lugger, JD, Cummins or any other.

Hull 1 delivered...

Hull 1

Attachments

• E93F34E5-68C5-41D0-AC5B-CA97F4C4F4C0.jpg
    E93F34E5-68C5-41D0-AC5B-CA97F4C4F4C0.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 106
  • ABF68C3B-F31C-49D0-9EBB-832E299BE7BA.jpg
    ABF68C3B-F31C-49D0-9EBB-832E299BE7BA.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Interior

Attachments

• E87D9E65-3AF2-4245-9B97-E98FD3AE665C.jpg
    E87D9E65-3AF2-4245-9B97-E98FD3AE665C.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 85
  • D494334E-F5F5-44A0-858D-F9A442B08149.jpg
    D494334E-F5F5-44A0-858D-F9A442B08149.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 90
This is an impressive setup.. Cool to see outside the box thinking in a world of "the same".

Once word gets out I'd bet on a huge market for these(especially when people start being honest with themselves).

Seems like a half price alternative to a Ranger Tug 31 for those who actually want a trawler(at trawler speeds)... I love the Ranger Tugs but they aren't twice the boat.

I think I would have added a foot or two to the beam. I understand the desire for 8'6", but no owner is going to be trailering that boat frequently at 16K+ lbs.

Would allow for a MUCH larger feel inside and bigger vberth.

Looks great on the water, tho!

JMHO

The size / beam is limited to what will fit in a container, or at least a container sized shipping cradle / frame.

You could stay "out there" for quite a while with 270 gallons of fuel.

The size / beam is limited to what will fit in a container, or at least a container sized shipping cradle / frame.

Yeah that’s what I thought was the reason for the narrow beam, but when I looked up container dimensions I found this?

IMG_2483.jpg

Last edited:
Can it sit on it's box keel, or would you need beach legs?

Yeah that’s what I thought was the reason for the narrow beam, but when I looked up container dimensions I found this?

View attachment 72933
That looks like a standard high cube container. I load at least one these with lumber weekly headed for west coast. Sometimes we get in oversized containers because that’s all they have at the rail yard. I bet it would fit in oversized container .

It's starting to grow on me . Website says it can be hauled on standard commercial flatbed trailer also. I've heard good from some sailboaters about the Beta marine. I think it's a Kabota engine . Hmm since a new boat maybe they take a trade in.:D

Hi,

3 cylinder Beta, Lugger (northenlights 5kw), Cat are Kubota's basic engine refined, Beta is in good standing here.

NBs

That looks like a standard high cube container. I load at least one these with lumber weekly headed for west coast. Sometimes we get in oversized containers because that’s all they have at the rail yard. I bet it would fit in oversized container .

Ahh. Gotcha. Thanks.

Is that beam dimension correct? If so,it`s a remarkably "narrow gutted" boat,that width must affect practicability of use.
No permits at all required for trailering.

Won't go inside a container, but OK for a flat-rack on top of the stack.

Great way to get it from PNW to the Med or Australia.

Back
Top Bottom