Thread: Nordhavn 35
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
GARRYOWEN

City: dunno
I have no experience but I'm cutting and pasting a question answereed by member N4061 who has had several boats including a N35. Everything below is quoted from others:

Originally Posted by South of Heaven
OP: I noticed you had the N35 as one of your previous boats. How did you like it (in a quick nut shell, sorry for getting off the thread topic)?

Great question, we purchased the second to last N35 built with only 800hrs on the Yanmare. From an appearance perspective the boat looked great except for some serious stress cracks in the aft deck which were determined cosmetic but didn't look nice. The exterior styling of the boat in our opinion is awesome and still a favorite on mine. The downside of this model is interior room (very small), poor performance (the boat design never met its intended specifications), engine noise levels were very high (not what we expected for a Nordy) and an unfinished engine room (accessibility was good). We ran into numerous mechanics issues including a overheated stuffing box which after one year we couldn't dial in. Boats were built in the Taiwan yard and had good interior finish. Overall my opinion is that there are other boats available in this LOA which offer more for the dollar.
GARRYOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote