Is your trawler pin-up quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
In 2010, Peggy Bjarno put together a Trawler Calendar from images submitted to her. It turned out very nice...good quality, great shots of nice trawlers and a fair price.* (I think it was $20 or less.)

Her pics can be seen here:* http://www.pbase.com/chesapklady/trawler_calendar

trawler_calendar

The calendars were sold at cost (or near cost) and were put together just for the fun of having a year's worth of trawler pics to enjoy.* She's doing it again for 2012.* Here's the cover shot...

136505794.Ft2cAmxY.jpg

If you think your girl has got what it takes and you'd like to submit images of your trawler for consideration in the 2012 Calendar, send your high resolution pics to:

chesapklady@comcast.net

Here's a copy/paste from her message on Trawler BST:

"The 2012 Trawler Calendar will be ready to ship about mid-September, but I'm still collecting photos. Look through your files, or take a new shot this summer -- you have until mid-August!-- and send me a high resolution photo for consideration.

The cover is set, but there are still a lot of months available. Check out the new cover: http://www.pbase.com/chesapklady/image/136505794 . You can still see the 2010 calendar up there as well.

E-mail me your photos. If you think they're too big to send via e-mail, let me know and I'll give you a solution.

Peggy Bjarno"

(I have no financial interest in this endeavor.* I just liked having a trawler calendar and enjoyed it a little more with my boat pictured in it.* I thought others might like the same.)

Thanks for the plug on my Trawler Calendar! I was delighted with the 2010 calendar, disappointed that it didn't break even, but I'm VERY excited about what I'm getting for the 2012 calendar! Send your photos (until mid August, when I'll be making some final decisions) and include ownership info, boat name, type, size, location of home port and location of photo.

Actually, the price on the 2010 calendar was $10 plus shipping. CHEAP, and apparently. . . too cheap! So I'm raising the price this year to $13 plus $5 shipping. Free shipping on two calendars or more. . . at least that's what it looks like so far. I'll update as we get closer to ship date.

Many thanks,

Peggy Bjarno

Sent a photo a couple of weeks ago, but received no acknowledegment.* Hmmm.

Mark, it's tough when you are the only one who thinks your gal is hot!! :)

:cowboy:

P.S. You know we love your "sail tug"!!!

Dang right!* She glows!

img_55164_0_ec507fdaec588a5ed99c32f780dab2a1.jpg

Woodsong wrote:
Mark, it's tough when you are the only one who thinks your gal is hot!! :)
*And that's all that matters.

Mark, I never got it . . . if this is a picture of your boat I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat. Will you try again? ChesapkLady at comcast dot net. And send info about the boat, as well as ownership, location of photo, etc. Very, very cool boat!

Peggy, I sent you an email with a couple photos.

Gumbo has a big ol' brown, mustache.
Steve

I always liked this one of ours....

Attachments

• flynlo.jpg
    flynlo.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 107
And what about pinup girls on trawlers???....;)

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 144
Baker wrote:
I always liked this one of ours....
*Wonderful! I've got another one of a "go fast" trawler for the calendar, maybe I should put them on the same page? . . . it's a lifestyle, it's not the speed, right?

Hi Peggy

I just sent you a picture. In the interest of "geographic diversity", you need one from the Northwest, particularly the Columbia River!

The 2012 Trawler Calendar is ready to ship, and thanks to this forum we seem to have a lot more photos from the "left side" of the country! I couldn't use all of the photos I got, and in fact some of my favorites have gone into my 2013 Calendar file, but I did manage to get 48 boats in there. If you sent me a photo that you think was awesome, it probably IS awesome, and it will have a chance in 2013.
The calendars are $13 each, and shipping is free for two or more. (Shipping for one is $5.) If you order ten or more the price comes down to $10 each.
Email your orders to orders@YourBoatCards.com, and we'll be in touch!
Thanks all, for participating,
Peggy

I received mine on Saturday.* I have to say the cover pic is spectacular.

Nice work, Peggy!* And, thanks again for doing this.

- Darrell

Thanks Darrell, I'm glad you like it. I thought that one was very special. I just wish I could have done a 24 month calendar. . . there were too many good ones left out!

Peggy

BaltimoreLurker wrote:
I received mine on Saturday.
*Well, whose boats of ours are pictured?

I had to cancel my order. Turns out my buddy, Gene with the 42 Jefferson, has his boat as Miss October. He ordered 10 copies, including mine since I bought him a calendar in 2010 and I took the pic on our trip to Angel Island in May. (same trip as the Coot Shoot)

I heard from Peggy today that FlyWright is included in a small photo in April, kind of like being a distant runner up. No tiara for her, but I think she did well in the bimini competition.

FlyWright wrote:
I heard from Peggy today that FlyWright is included in a small photo in April, kind of like being a distant runner up. No tiara for her, but I think she did well in the bimini competition.
*Don't feel badly, Al.* My boat's picture doesn't appear at all.

Isn't*this Gene's boat, with the battleship USS Iowa among the mothball fleet in the background?

-- Edited by markpierce on Thursday 20th of October 2011 12:06:47 AM

Attachments

• al's friend.jpg
    al's friend.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 66
Yup, that's it. Sounds like Peggy really likes the Coot, but didn't get the pics in time. She'll probably be the centerfold for 2013.

Oh well.* Al's photo of the Coot carries on:* here on clothing among our birthday gifts to my youngest sister.* (Click on second photo for enlargement.)

-- Edited by markpierce on Thursday 20th of October 2011 12:29:35 AM

Attachments

• roros coot shirt.jpg
    roros coot shirt.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 84
  • roros coot shirt.jpg
    roros coot shirt.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 98
The Trawler Calendar is shipping, and there's still time to get it so you can give as a stocking stuffer! Here's a link to the images: http://www.pbase.com/chesapklady/image/136505794 which starts you with the cover, then click "next" to see both front and back covers and December, then click "next" to see all twelve months. The images will look small, but go to the bottom of that screen and you can switch the view to "original," and it will be gigantic.
If you want to order, call Sir Speedy at 301-340-0500 (M-F, 9-5) with your order -- name, address and credit card info. Or write a check to Sir Speedy and mail it to 10 N. Washington Street, Rockville, MD 20850.
The cost is $13 each. If you order one there's a $5 shipping charge, two or more and the shipping is free. Any order over 10 and the price comes down to $10 each.

And I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a fantastic new year, with lots of fantastic boating to new and exciting places.

Peggy Bjarno

Mark,

When was your youngest sister's birthday? Mine was the 12th.*

nomadwilly wrote:
Mark,

When was your youngest sister's birthday? Mine was the 12th.*
*October 25.

WOW!! and WOW!! My boat made the calander I'm so humbled.

I'm a side line in August. That is just right for me.

I just placed my order I can't wait.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 11:15:22 AM

DUHHHHHHH

I did'nt even look at the posting date!

I'm not surprised, SD. She looks so great and salty!! I'm anxious to receive mine.

Back
Top Bottom