President 41 protected props

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geoleo

Would a 1981 President 41 with 2 engines have any protection for the props going aground?

Would a 1981 President 41 with 2 engines have any protection for the props going aground?

Maybe With: Engines off... doing approx .5 knots... grounding into softest mud... no wind.... and slack tide.

In other words... usually... pretty much no! :dance:

The keel does project below the props on our President 41. We have 24 X 24 props. Coming up the Hudson River in 2016 at 10 mph we hit countless submerged objects. We were keeping a very good lookout but the branches or trees limbs were not visible. We could feel the impact all the way up on the bridge. When we hauled the boat for the winter there was absolutely no damage to the props. So I guess that the keel does protect the props very well.

The keel does project below the props on our President 41. We have 24 X 24 props. Coming up the Hudson River in 2016 at 10 mph we hit countless submerged objects. We were keeping a very good lookout but the branches or trees limbs were not visible. We could feel the impact all the way up on the bridge. When we hauled the boat for the winter there was absolutely no damage to the props. So I guess that the keel does protect the props very well.

OP asked about going aground.

:eek: I mean when running aground-- not floating or submerged objects:dance:

Well unless you go aground at a really high speed and run the boat into shallow water and lay the boat over on the side the keel still sticks down below the props... if I am in so shallow water that grounding may be possible then I am going slow and if we bottom out the keel will most likely still protect the props.

If it`s any help,I think Gulfstar twins do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom