Wiper Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The motor I found that matches model number exactly only mentions an 80 degree sweep. I did find other similar models that do have user variable sweep.

Pantographs would be great but do they fit on the same motor/shaft I have or do the motors have to be flipped out to something that matches them specifically? Not sure how they attach.
9k=

I've been through this with my own, it's tedious! Yes, you can typically put pantographs on a standard single post driver, the pantograph has an adapter that fits over the shaft and fastens to the base surface. There are myriad configurations, you need to determine the geometry and the best combination for your application.
9k=

As far as the angle, it's determined by swinging an arc from the drive arm to the centerline of the wiper path, determine the limit of the swing in either direction, then measure the included angle, that's the degree of travel of the shaft.

You will find everything you need to replace your rusted linkage at the site listed below. Call them. They are very helpful. Replaced all my wiper linkages.

http://store.amequipment.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
When you reassemble the arm to the wiper motor shaft, the splined plug, smear the plug and the ID of the arm with grease. Just a good smear. That will stop the two pieces from corroding and seizing together.

THat little spring clip can be a pain. I use a flat blade screwdriver after , as FW mentioned., lifting the arm UP.

Back
Top Bottom