View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #3
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E. View Post
Al.....That GB looks like you! When you pull into your place at Naha Bay, you will turn heads!
Not likely Ken, I am a subscriber by Grand Banks personnel who visited my first boat. I am not able or skilled enough to post photos so bear with me. Our first boat, a converted 28' harbor tug, was modeled after the original American Marine "Spray". The designer of our boat was Ken Smith who designed the 36' 'Spray' .

Our boat was one of five constructed,off of Ken's plans, four on the East coast of which we were not able to locate other than the mention. Ours was built in Lake Union 1960.

The Grand Banks folks were among the travelers of the fleet of chartered Grand Banks that travel each year into South East Alaska. The found me in Wrangell and connected the visual of our boat with the 'Spray'. Great time conversing. As a result, I receive occasional propaganda from the firm.

Sad to say, following the sale of our boat to a unknowing soul from Kansas who had little ability to recognize the necessity of maintenance with a wood boat, sold it and the disrepair down hill travels began in earnest.

Your travel plans to our area remain in place? This Spring? I am not sure I recall, were you and Tom "Alaska Destruction" joining up at some point. That is assuming Tom is planning on another venture North. Fun couple to travel with I would think.

Al-Ketchikan
Al is offline   Reply With Quote