Possible owner CHB 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not at all sure I want a mech that will check 70 or 80% for 25% because he is a little slow lol. The guys that did mine found things that might not have shown up had they not been on the sea trial. The engine work, $4,700. CDN would have been on me so thanks guy's (you know who you are). Also I should add that even with American Diesel reopened parts are still becoming quite hard to find for some things.

We pulled the trigger!!! The engine survey went very well. It showed slight leak at the raw water pump and a stuffing box that needs adjustment. Also the fuel injector pump needs a rebuilt by the end of this year. He said that the Lehman 120 received a lot love and it shows.

From the main survey we will need to replace the hot water heater, so overall pretty darn good.

Because if the findings we were able to renegotiate the price and it was accepted by the owner. Should close on her next week.

Pretty darn excited!!!

Congrats. I hope the boat serves you well and you and yours enjoy it. We may see you out there some day.

Thank you all. I only have pics from the brokerage web site and will post pics when i can. We are beyond excited

I had MT34 1973. It is plywood/balsa boat. Every 5 feet, there are support posts - from inside they may look good, but need to check the bottom. I spend a year in work yard to rebuild that boat. Check the raw water pump. Is easy to take off and see if is gear or U shape finger driven. If U shape then replace. $600. Fresh water pump $120. my shaft was bronze and shows oxidation(pink spots). replace with stainless- $650. No need to drop the rudder It does have a hole. So much to list of what I did, but at the end was a good solid boat.

Hull survey was done on haul out and all visible stringers were sounded as well as the hull. No issues.

I had MT34 1973. It is plywood/balsa boat. Every 5 feet, there are support posts - from inside they may look good, but need to check the bottom. I spend a year in work yard to rebuild that boat. Check the raw water pump. Is easy to take off and see if is gear or U shape finger driven. If U shape then replace. $600. Fresh water pump $120. my shaft was bronze and shows oxidation(pink spots). replace with stainless- $650. No need to drop the rudder It does have a hole. So much to list of what I did, but at the end was a good solid boat.

A couple pics of our trip from Tacoma to Bell Harbor. Cold but fun trip

Attachments

• 20180215_133906.jpg
    20180215_133906.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 80
  • FB_IMG_1518806422074.jpg
    FB_IMG_1518806422074.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 73
Have a mechanic do a compression check at least, or do one if you already bought it - all of the other systems are secondary to an engine that is not running well and you can spend a lot of time and money chasing things that won’t get much better until the engine is sound.

Good Luck! Looks a bit like, but nicer than mine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom