ASD Spring Upgrades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Thought I would start sharing our 2018 upgrades as we get them done. Spent a few boat dollars at the Boat show.

Some of the upgrades will be:

1. Stove
2. Auto Pilot
3. 12' MFD
4. Helm Chairs

Here is the first. A new stove for the Admiral. She did not like the old Princess stove as it was mounted too low and you could not put a very large pan on the burner. Plus these stoves are no longer made so parts are sometimes hard to get.

We considered a gas stove, but I didn't want to mess with all the plumbing, storage box etc. Besides, I am an electric boat and have no issues starting the Gen set.

The new stove is a Force 10 with a ceramic top and they sell you a conversion/trim set for replacing an old Princess stove. Installing the new stove became a PIA as the new stove sat to low and was not level with the counter top. In fact it was 3" too low! The Admiral wanted the cook top level with the counter.

So how do you raise the stove? I called my friends over for ideas. We were thinking of a box to raise it, but there was no way I was putting wood under the stove. It so happens I found some bricks that were perfect. I took some liquid nails and glued them down. Fits perfectly, well kind of.

I had to modify the trim kit to match the new height. Hack saw and drill took care of this issue. The stove sits in a SS tub so I had to predrill a few holes and screw down tight!

All that is left to do is calk the edges and make a trim piece for the hole under the stove.

She tried it out and she loves it. Heats a lot faster than the old one and she can now put a full size frying pan on top. first pic is the old princess stove, then the SS tub and then new stove. Before and after modifications.

Stuff is starting to arrive at WM, so next project coming soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 181
Nice job Bubba! Guess your Admiral got tired of my Admiral flaunting her new stove eh? Glad I could help you out with more improvements. I used some Aluminum square stock under ours. Nice to see the manufacture made a trim kit, I had to make my own.
OK, one down and three more primary to go. Only 76 more secondary projects.
LOL

Tom, I just went through the same exercise last winter......removed the original Princess 110 volt 3-burner with oven and replaced it with a similar Force 10 unit. It was the same dimensions and fit nicely in the same hole. We like a conventional oven and I really liked that it was a drop-in replacement. Sure Marine in Seattle was very knowledgeable and helpful, getting me dimensional drawings and product info. While I was at it, I also replaced the counter tops and re-plumbed the boat with PEX tubing, but that's another story!:D

Nice job Bubba! Guess your Admiral got tired of my Admiral flaunting her new stove eh? Glad I could help you out with more improvements. I used some Aluminum square stock under ours. Nice to see the manufacture made a trim kit, I had to make my own.
OK, one down and three more primary to go. Only 76 more secondary projects.
LOL

Thanks. Then I came down with the flu. Just when I was in the mood to do things. Then I turned on the TV.......talk about a crash.....

I’ll be interested to learn your plans for a helm chair. My LeBrocc is just about toast.

Tom,
You gonna wait until you receive the new chairs to post? Pretty sure the mods your gonna do to support the new base units will be a lengthy post itself.

Wont be back up to the boat until April, otherwise I’d come over and drink your beer and “Stupervise”.

Tom,

I am interested to hear about your selection of an autopilot and MFD.

Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, I am really interested to hear more about the twelve foot multi function display. Is it going on the fly Bridge? LOL

When Tom is talking big screen, I think he is talking sportcenter NOT navigation - but I could be wrong...

Tom that's a nice upgrade to the galley. I'm sure your Admiral is going to love it and you're going to benefit from all those extra-nice meals.

BTW, on a different subject how are things coming with the suits over the jerkoff that crashed into your dock?

When Tom is talking big screen, I think he is talking sportcenter NOT navigation - but I could be wrong...

Jeff,

Just noticed the Avatar, did you two pull the trigger?

Cheers, John

Ahoy John,

Affirmative...

I’ll be interested to learn your plans for a helm chair. My LeBrocc is just about toast.

I bought two new Todd Helm seats with a bolster and new pedestals from Spring field. I am contemplating lowering the head lining in the salon and running bolts through a back plate. The seats I currently have uses screws and not bolts. Yep hit a wave and down I went seat and all. Re-drilled the holes and used gorilla glue on the screws. No issues to date.

BTW, on a different subject how are things coming with the suits over the jerkoff that crashed into your dock?

Jury trial at the end of March.....

Wow Tom, an AP! Does Force 10 make a drop in cook top only for Princess replacement? Are you with 2018 cruising plans yet?

Wow Tom, an AP! Does Force 10 make a drop in cook top only for Princess replacement? Are you with 2018 cruising plans yet?

I'm not sure. We really don't have any plans. We will be staying in winter port this summer as Kay want to go to her 50 year high school reunion and a family reunion. oh well......

Ahoy John,

Affirmative...

Jeff,

Congrats on the new boat, she is a beauty! Not to highjack Toms thread, Please consider a separate post to fill us all in on your new Nordy!
Lots of pic’s and spec’s please.

Cheer’s Mate!

I'm not sure. We really don't have any plans. We will be staying in winter port this summer as Kay want to go to her 50 year high school reunion and a family reunion. oh well......

Maybe join us as we plan to cruise up the Columbia to Idaho this summer?

I replaced my Princess stove and oven for a Force 10 stove and oven. Identical fit and the oven still fluctuates 50 degrees F.
Burns the bottom of the biscuits just like the Princess. I am not a happy camper. I have tried reducing the temp by 25F .... Results, the biscuits look good on the outside but inside doughy. I am open to suggestions.
Ah, I use dark cooking sheets and the silicon backing sheets.

... I am open to suggestions.
Ah, I use dark cooking sheets and the silicon backing sheets.

Get a REMA cooking sheet or an AirBake. Lena’s been using one for almost 20 years. We have an original REMA that is 9.5” x 14” which fits the Force 10 and still allows air to circulate.

She dosent make biscuits but her scones are to die for. :dance:

Get a REMA cooking sheet or an AirBake. Lena’s been using one for almost 20 years. We have an original REMA that is 9.5” x 14” which fits the Force 10 and still allows air to circulate.

She dosent make biscuits but her scones are to die for. :dance:

I hope Bed Bath and Beyond carries them SMILE

Burns the bottom of the biscuits just like the Princess. I am not a happy camper. I have tried reducing the temp by 25F .... Results, the biscuits look good on the outside but inside doughy. I am open to suggestions.

The Admiral just flips the biscuits and they come out perfect every time.

If you guys head up the Columbia I hope you'll give me a shout before you turn up the Snake. The first round of cold ones is on me.

New Thread Name for This Trip

Alaskan Paradice Snake River Adventure 2018

:popcorn:

If you guys head up the Columbia I hope you'll give me a shout before you turn up the Snake. The first round of cold ones is on me.

Let's not forget Klondike bars..........Dilly Dilly:dance:

Alaskan Paradice Snake River Adventure 2018

:popcorn:

Oh good lord. It is starting to look that way.:eek:

I added a second helm seat last year on my flybridge. I did not want to drop my headliner, way too much work. I bought a Todd mounting ring (#6012) to bolt to the deck. The mounting ring is like a huge washer with about a 3” hole in the middle. Laid it out where I wanted the seat and drilled a 3” hole through the deck with a hole saw. The mounting ring has 6 mounting bolt holes. I took some 3/8” aluminum and made 6 pieces about 1” X 2” and drilled and tapped them. Insert the aluminum pieces through the hole in the deck. Bolted the mounting ring down to the deck using buytl tape to seal it. Then bolt the pedestal to the mounting ring. Worked great and I didn’t have to drop the headliner. Also if I want to get to it again, I just have to remove the 6 bolts that hold the pedestal to the mounting ring and it is off. Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of the install, but it was easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom