Electrical Panel 7 Position Led Strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherAlyssa

Vessel Name
Heather Alyssa
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
Hello Trawler friends. I own a Mainship 350/390 Trawler with a Bass Systems Power Panel. A few lights are out so I decided to replace the light strip. The only problem is I can’t find one. Any clue where I can find a 7 position strip?

Thank you,
Alex Cádiz
Mainship 350/390
Heather Alyssa
Solomons MD

IMG_1517796198.719908.jpg

Last edited:
A person with an electronics repair background could just replace the LEDs or whatever components are causing them not to light.

Repair shops are not as common as they used to be but you should be able to find one.

My Solo/Selene has similar LED assemblies where the LED and its accompanying resistor are mounted on a PC board. They're used on 12V and 120V sections of the panel, the 120V LED's nearly all failed. It's a Paneltronics panel, several emails went unanswered, and repairs didn't seem worth the effort. I ended up ditching all the 120V PC assemblies and replacing the individual LED's with Blue Seas LED's. They fit perfectly in the panel openings after the colored lenses were popped out, and provided the added benefit of aiding clean up of some neutral cross-connections. Shop for price.

Keep in mind that the 120V LED's are a bit over 2ma, if part of your panel is fed from an inverter, as mine is, it's important to make sure that the LED's are connected to the neutral that corresponds to the hot. IOW, if your LED pilot is powered from the inverter, the neutral from that LED should be connected to the inverter's neutral bus, NOT the shore power neutral! They'll function either way, and it's a minor detail, but at 2ma each, the cumulative effect of the comingled neutrals has the potential to be seen by a GFI device and cause a trip. With a typical 30ma trip threshold, a few are probably not significant, but added to other leaks, could be the difference between tolerance and trip. Not to be overlooked!

Last edited:
Call Bass Products Store 860-585-7923. When I called (about a month ago) they were very helpful. I gave them my panel model number and they provided me with what I needed.
John
Prairie 29
Gulfport FL

Call Bass Products Store 860-585-7923. When I called (about a month ago) they were very helpful. I gave them my panel model number and they provided me with what I needed.
John
Prairie 29
Gulfport FL

+1 Same here :thumb:

Just spoke to Colin with Bass products. They have a longer strip but will cut it to size as long as I mention it in the comments.

Thanks all!
Alex

Back
Top Bottom