1986 Kong & Halverson Island Gypsy 44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CAPTfrs

As a Coast Guard Auxiliary project I am attempting to document an operations manual for this boat. *Are there any such manuals available? *Need info such as fuel tank sizes, holding tank size, rpm tables, various wiring diagrams, etc.. *The boat is powered with twin turbocharged 3208 caterpillar marine engines. *I am in the process of re-inventing various check lists. *Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank*

Hi Frank,

I have a 1978 (79 launch)*model IG44 (hulll no 6). Mine is nothing like your boat*except for*the hull. Mine is powered by 2 ford lehman deisels.

My point here is that all IG's came with an owners manual. It's worthiness will depend on how original you boat is. Mine for example came with 4 black iron diesel*tanks of approx 4000 metric litres*in total, many examples have sinxce replaced these with platic or glass tanks. I have similar water capacity due to 2 custom tanks of approx 2000 litres total. So standard was about half. My boat did not have a holding tank at all when new.

For wiring diagrams and alike you will need a manual with the same config IE cats and around the same production year.

Someone should be able to help.

Cheers, Lutz

Cheers, Lutz

-- Edited by Lutz on Friday 14th of October 2011 03:07:41 PM

This may help as a starting point.

*As Lutz said*IG's* tend to be modified both*during the build from *the factory and by different owners as time goes by, so there are probably few totally origional boats out there.

Good Luck.

Andy

Well that effort was about as successful as the Wallabies against the All Blacks. Try again.I need to post a quetion in' Technical Help' to work out how to post a scan doc. Watch this space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom