kvh tracvision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
I just installed a m1 dx**tracvision system on my trawler* Included was a direct tv box* The installation was easy with a one wire hookup* Called direct tv and was in business in 15min* Great picture and* little setup** happy with my purchased** kvh also had A $200 rebate on this system.*power use*is less then 3amps including my 12v t*******just thought I would share for any who are interested

-- Edited by motion30 on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 09:30:18 AM

We just bought a M3 DX and are going to go with DISH. Won't arrive until next Monday. I already talked to the local Dish guy, he said to just give him a call when I had it installed. Also has the rebate.

I'm a direcTV customer and called about getting a sat box and dish for use on the boat.

For $6 a month they will send me a recorder box and dish free. I told them I will transport it between home and boat and they were OK with that.

I know this can't be used at anchor or underway, but a very cheap alternative when using the boat as a boataminium.

There are some cheaper alternatives that track azimuth but not elevation. This has been discussed on this forum before.

-- Edited by timjet on Thursday 13th of October 2011 07:21:30 AM

Vyndance wrote:
We just bought a M3 DX and are going to go with DISH. Won't arrive until next Monday. I already talked to the local Dish guy, he said to just give him a call when I had it installed. Also has the rebate.
*With the dish system , you will recieve A muti use box and then will need to supply your own dish box reciever** I was wanting to stay all 12 volt* so opted for the direct tv, plus hooked on a friends account for $6 a month** Either way seems to work well

I like the sound of hitch hiking on a friends account!! I went with DISH because of HD programming on the KU band. You have to go to the M7 to get HD on Direct. We will probably go with a DVR so the box would have been an expense anyway.

We have a $9 digital TV antenna- picks up about 15 local channels and reception crystal clear and free. :)

We have a $9 digital TV antenna- picks up about 15 local channels and reception crystal clear and free. :)

With no FOX Cable , all you get is propaganda , instead of news.

XM radio solves this easily , with far more selections than sat TV.

We just installed a KVH V3 satellite internet and phone system on our 4788 Bayliner.

Its not quite as simple to install as a TV system, but we now have phone and internet pretty much anywhere in the world.

We don't need worldwide coverage, but it will come in handy since we boat in Alaska where cell coverage is non existant out from port.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom