Just joined the list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimisbell

Guru
Vessel Name
Papillon
Vessel Make
1978 Mainship 34 Trawler #95
I am looking at a Mainship 34. I really dont need another boat, but this is being offered as a down payment on a property I have for sale. My last three boats were an Bruce Roberts 44 Ketch, an Albin26, and a Gulfstar 36. I just gave away the Gulfstar 36 (in ready to circumnavigate condition) because my wife is getting too feeble to (wo)man the fore deck. Maybe the MS 34 would be easier on us both of us.

Welcome aboard, from a couple bays East of ya!
Yep, we're in agreement. .... Trawlers extend your years on the water!
How bad of a beating did you get from Harvey?

Welcome aboard, from a couple bays East of ya!
Yep, we're in agreement. .... Trawlers extend your years on the water!
How bad of a beating did you get from Harvey?

Our house was spared even though the eye passed right over us. Winds of 155 were clocked just down the street. But I have several commercial properties that were hit HARD, probably tornadoes as one was destroyed. But luckily of the 9 properties I own, the only one with wind storm insurance was the one that was destroyed.......Its back up now My uninsured Gulfstar 36 was unharmed even though it was only 100 yds from several much larger boats that were trashed/sunk in the marina. The Mainship 34 I am looking at was spared because the owner took it across the bay to Corpus the day before Harvey hit

Yep....sometimes there's no rhyme or reason how the damage is dispersed in a storm. Glad your losses were minimal.
Really looking forward to cruising down your way soon. We had reservations for Port A and Corpus when Harvey hit....

Not sure what facilities at Bahia Marina in Ingleside On The Bay are like. They have most of the mess cleaned up but may not have transient slips available. BUT...if you get down this way, we live walking distance from the marina. Maybe could go into town for dinner.
We have docked the Bruce Roberts 44 and the Gulfstar 36 in Madagorda harbor several times. Love that big square harbor where there is room to turn around and restaurants within walking distance. The last time we were there we had bent our anchor on a trip from Tampa and the Harbor Master helped us with tools and muscle to get the anchor straightened out.
If we get this Mainship 34 we will be there again soon as we head up to the Army Hole or to Moody Gardens for dinner.
If you have a dingy you could anchor in the cove and we could pick you up at the marina dock.

Last edited:
Welcome. Have a friend looking at a Mainship 34. They are nice boats.

Welcome aboard, great bunch of folks, very smart also!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom