Florida Coasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im assuming that they are still the Ruben Trane design of the old Florida Bay Coasters made in Green Cove Springs, Fl in the 80,s and early 90,s? Maybe a licensing agreement for Australian build?

I think you mean the Jay Benford design out of Green Cove Springs? At least that’s who I thought was the designer.
What I like about the Australian build is that its aluminium..

I think you mean the Jay Benford design out of Green Cove Springs? At least that’s who I thought was the designer.

Yes, it is indeed a beautiful vessel. I have been lucky enough to see through her at a Sanctuary Cove Boat Show here on the Gold Coast, several years ago. The owner who had her built did have to put in some extra low down ballast to correct for some of the lighter weight of the alloy construction, but they had done a beautiful job.

Your correct,JayBenford was the designer. Ruben Trane was the builder in Green Cove Springs who built them.

Yes, it is indeed a beautiful vessel. I have been lucky enough to see through her at a Sanctuary Cove Boat Show here on the Gold Coast, several years ago. The owner who had her built did have to put in some extra low down ballast to correct for some of the lighter weight of the alloy construction, but they had done a beautiful job.

"In May 2008, Jim will satisfy up to 100,000 curious boating enthusiasts when he displays The Investigator at the prestigious Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show, the biggest in-water boat show in the Asia-Pacific."

Wow, was it really that long ago - how time flies.

Your correct,Jay Benford was the designer. Ruben Trane was the builder in Green Cove Springs who built them.

Except for Navigator, which was built here in Australia by "Cairns Custom Craft, who undertook to build this unusual boat".

Looks like Benford is licensing out the plans, now that the Florida Bay Coaster company is defunct. From Benford's website:

These designs were originally done for the Florida Bay Coaster Company and licensed to them. With their company closed, we are now offering these plans to others who want to have them built.

Back
Top Bottom