A Very Lucky Couple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, lucky to be alive.

Not real impressed with their rescuer. He just about did nada. Sorry. That was mean. Maybe he was elderly as well.

I agree with Firstbase, about the "rescuer". Still, he did help somewhat. That couple is very lucky, indeed. Situational awareness is important all the time.

Cheers, Bill

At the beginning of the video you can see a huge wave cresting way out by the rock in the distance and track it coming in by how 'jumpy' the waves are and how long the "pull back" lasts before the wave rushes in. Too bad nobody knew it was coming...

Last edited:
Not real impressed with their rescuer. He just about did nada. Sorry. That was mean. Maybe he was elderly as well.

I am going to give the rescuer credit for waiting for the right opportunity to offer assistance rather then just reacting and becoming part of the problem.

I am going to give the rescuer credit for waiting for the right opportunity to offer assistance rather then just reacting and becoming part of the problem.

Like I said, I'm being mean. Easy to sit here and watch after the fact and say what he should have been doing. Of course I would have immediately chased them out into the water throwing caution to the wind, thrown both over my shoulder and hauled them to safety lickety split. Probably would have given them CPR whether they needed it or not. Right. I should be a little ashamed. After looking at it again I bet he was not familiar with the ocean or waves and hadn't a clue what to do or when the next one was coming. After it was clear for 10 seconds or so he did go out but didn't seem strong enough to help them up. Leads me to think maybe another elderly guy. Glad they are ok though. Nasty event for them.

More so than the person filming!

Yes, he was a big help too huh? Seems to be the way though. If you are videoing something it is ok to keep up the video and not help out. Like somehow the video is as or more important than what is going on. See that on the news as well.

The article states the person filming was disabled.

Even more proof that I'm mean. May even be drifting into "idiot" territory. Didn't read the article....just watched the video.

Last edited:
Mother Nature can be an unforgiving SOB. She plays for keeps and doesn't suffer the foolish.

Ted

The camera appeared to be stationary to me. Owned by the rescuer? Sorry skipped over the disability post. I take it back.

No problem...assumptions are running amock anyway :whistling:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom