Upside down photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Studguppy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Big Bee
Vessel Make
Arnold Walker Tug
Hello all. I have not been on here for a while but I am at a point in my project where I have many question. I also figure it was time to update the photo of my tug Big Bee, however, as you can see, its upside down and I can't figure out how to correct it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This better......................just download it to my laptop and rotated it......:thumb:

Attachments

• profilepic10813_6.gif.jpg
    profilepic10813_6.gif.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 243
Much better, thanks.

I had tried this approach as well but didn't work for me. Wonder if it has to do with trying to manipulate on the iPad. Will try next time with the laptop.

Thanks again

I have the same problem with the pictures I take with my IPhone7 too.There are numerous apps & remedies floating around the internet claiming to correct the issue. Some say to put your phone compass in the true North mode (that ,I found,locked my compass). Some say take pictures with the volume buttons facing down. That didn't work for me,either. The way I deal with it is send the picture to my wife's Apple laptop & when she adjusts the rotation from that platform, the pictures stay oriented correctly on a windows viewer. What a huge pain. Apple says it's a windows problem. Windows says it's an apple problem. All I know is I'm probably going to switch to an Android phone next go-round solely because of this annoying issue.

I have the same problem with iPad and iPhone.I take the picture then rotate it 90 degrees and save it .Then I go back and rotate it to original and save it again then post it. It’s a pain but it works for me everytime.

I send the iPhone photo to my email and save to photos on the lap top.
Then I call up the photo and right click
select edit from the menu and resize to 25% then save
when I upload the resized and saved phot to the forum it is properly oriented
I did not have to rotate I just resized it.

When I send iPhone pics to my email I open the pic in the email and rt click on the photo and choose the edit with photos choice then go to the top and click crop and rotate. Next rotate it several times (important) and after it is on the correct side click save on desktop. From there you can upload it into TF.

iOS generated photos include orientation metadata in the photo. Most PC apps ignore this, and not all cameras include the data. So you can port an iPhoto to a PC app, rotate it, the photo looks fine, put it on a web site, and it's right side up. Great! BUT, if you use an iOS device to view the website, the iOS device sees the bit the PC ignores, and voila, your photo displays upside-down. Whaaa????t?

I had this problem with my blog, drove me nuts (short trip). Finally discovered the thing with the orientation metadata, my PC photo app has a utility that strips the orientation data out, so the photo displays as it appears on the blog, regardless of the device accessing the website.

I find that if I want to take a landscape phone with my iphone I always turn it counterclockwise 90 degrees and the photos are correctly oriented for PC viewing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom