My new boat finally arrived !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Sea Fever
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
It's been on order for awhile.

We just pulled it out so I can do a little waxing. Going to try out my new buffer.

Next week Foss will be moving in a fuel barge , just need to top off the tanks. Shouldn't take more than a few days.

We placed an order with Safeway for a few groceries. Amazon said the list was to long for them.

I guess I'll just give away my Defever as there is no time to sell it before we depart for warmer climates.

Waite... Is this just a dream? Can't be. I have pictures.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 179
That is a BAB
Any idea where it came from or why it was barged in???

You had me going for minute! Very funny. Happy New Year!

Oh man. What is your idea of "a little waxing"? LOL

If that boat/ship is your idea of a little waxing, I'll make you a deal. For absolutely NO CHARGE I will let you get some warm up time running your Makita on my boat.

Heck, I'll even supply the wax.

If that boat/ship is your idea of a little waxing, I'll make you a deal. For absolutely NO CHARGE I will let you get some warm up time running your Makita on my boat.

Heck, I'll even supply the wax.

Man o man, It took me 3 days to wax on side of my 49 foot. It would probably take a crew of 20 two weeks to do this one.

I recommend filling the fuel tanks before waxing. Why? Well... You just may then need to get the economy wax... that's why!! :dance:

Happy New Year!!!

Google "Permanon" vs waxing....much easier.....

Google "Permanon" vs waxing....much easier.....

Howdy! Thanks for Permanon post!

I net-searched "Permanon" on several levels. Couple questions...

1. What duration/longevity [years] of shine-protection have you found Permanon offers? Most mentions of durability were fairly non committal. Some seemed it's not too long, others thought it lasted well. I reviewed marine, auto and aircraft posts in various forum.

2. On some accounts Permanon was mentioned as quite toxic and should not be used in closed quarters nor without good rubber glove protection. Do you have anything to add to safety procedures for application of Permanon?

Ease of application seemed a slam dunk! Looks after application appeared very good. Continued dust/water/stain repellant features seemed good too... but I don't know for how long those features last. Need to use one of several products to fully clean surface before application were universal. That instance for prep seemed fairly easy too with liquid-stripper products that worked with water.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Just got back from walking the dogs. The "big guy" is gone. Gone in the middle of the night.

Howdy! Thanks for Permanon post!

I net-searched "Permanon" on several levels. Couple questions...

1. What duration/longevity [years] of shine-protection have you found Permanon offers? Most mentions of durability were fairly non committal. Some seemed it's not too long, others thought it lasted well. I reviewed marine, auto and aircraft posts in various forum.

2. On some accounts Permanon was mentioned as quite toxic and should not be used in closed quarters nor without good rubber glove protection. Do you have anything to add to safety procedures for application of Permanon?

Ease of application seemed a slam dunk! Looks after application appeared very good. Continued dust/water/stain repellant features seemed good too... but I don't know for how long those features last. Need to use one of several products to fully clean surface before application were universal. That instance for prep seemed fairly easy too with liquid-stripper products that worked with water.

:popcorn:

We have used Permanon now for 3 years and really like the product. The best way I have found to think about the product is its like RainX for the boat. For us, it last about 6 months (easy to tell when it time to recoat...when water stops beading-up). I did my boat last in November before winterizing and lay up for winter and we had a little snow last week and the snow would not stick to the side of the boat it just slides down the side.

The prep is so easy just wash the boat with (original Dawn dish soap (cheap)) to remove wax and let the boat dry. Then we mix the Permanon to a 5% solution (10% for the first application 5% thereafter) with distilled water to prevent water spots (also cheap). Our boat is white fiberglass so we spray the mixed solution on with a one liter garden pump up sprayer (you just mist the finish, if it runs you are wasting solution) then we use a wood floor cleaning pad (microfiber) pad measures like 6X10 inches on a broom stick (lowes has them) and use it to spread the Permanon so your sure to have covered all the surface. Easy Peasy! Then let it dry and you re done. I immediately bonds electrostaticly to the surface.

The part we love is we spray everything (rubber, glass, plastic, chrome, stainless it protects all (with no rubbing or buffing). Permanon won't make a non shiny boat shine, but if your boat shines without wax it will shine when the Permanon is applied.

The best part is the boat stays cleaner once applied. Its like the dust doesn't stick to the boat as easy and rain cleans off most of the dust. When we wash it we use clear water (and a small Karcher electric power washer) and a little (non-alkaline) detergent if needed like simply green.

When we first got the boat I started to wax with typical wax (wax on wax off) and quickly found that I would likely wear out my back and shoulders quickly which made we search for a better solution to protect the boat. We are so glad we found Permanon. At $200 Per liter it seems expensive till you realize at 5% you get 20 liters of finish solution and for us it takes approx 2-3 liters to do the boat and I can ,do the whole boat in a morning And I'm done for 6 months. Oh, and it's great on non-skid (keeps it so much cleaner).

You can buy it through Amazon and other outlets.

Here is their corporate website with info and videos.
https://permanon.com/en/

Norm

Last edited:
THANKS! Norm!! - Art

To Big, NO? Even if I had the money, for me the idea of having or needing a crew around is not my idea of getting away. I am persuing this interest to give me the opportunity to get away from it all while at the same time traveling with my family and friends..If I wanted to be surrounded by staff, I would just go to a 5 star hotel..
I’m sure having that kind of boat has its perks, but more drawbacks for me..

Last edited:
We have used Permanon now for 3 years and really like the product. The best way I have found to think about the product is its like RainX for the boat. For us, it last about 6 months (easy to tell when it time to recoat...when water stops beading-up). I did my boat last in November before winterizing and lay up for winter and we had a little snow last week and the snow would not stick to the side of the boat it just slides down the side.

The prep is so easy just wash the boat with (original Dawn dish soap (cheap)) to remove wax and let the boat dry. Then we mix the Permanon to a 5% solution (10% for the first application 5% thereafter) with distilled water to prevent water spots (also cheap). Our boat is white fiberglass so we spray the mixed solution on with a one liter garden pump up sprayer (you just mist the finish, if it runs you are wasting solution) then we use a wood floor cleaning pad (microfiber) pad measures like 6X10 inches on a broom stick (lowes has them) and use it to spread the Permanon so your sure to have covered all the surface. Easy Peasy! Then let it dry and you re done. I immediately bonds electrostaticly to the surface.

The part we love is we spray everything (rubber, glass, plastic, chrome, stainless it protects all (with no rubbing or buffing). Permanon won't make a non shiny boat shine, but if your boat shines without wax it will shine when the Permanon is applied.

The best part is the boat stays cleaner once applied. Its like the dust doesn't stick to the boat as easy and rain cleans off most of the dust. When we wash it we use clear water (and a small Karcher electric power washer) and a little (non-alkaline) detergent if needed like simply green.

When we first got the boat I started to wax with typical wax (wax on wax off) and quickly found that I would likely wear out my back and shoulders quickly which made we search for a better solution to protect the boat. We are so glad we found Permanon. At $200 Per liter it seems expensive till you realize at 5% you get 20 liters of finish solution and for us it takes approx 2-3 liters to do the boat and I can ,do the whole boat in a morning And I'm done for 6 months. Oh, and it's great on non-skid (keeps it so much cleaner).

You can buy it through Amazon and other outlets.

Here is their corporate website with info and videos.
https://permanon.com/en/

Norm

Concentrations and application sounds a lot like Woody Wax?

I’ll reserve judgment until you tell us what anchor it came with.:whistling:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom