Bimini and frame for a 2016 44 Swift Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith lane

I am replacing my Bimini for a full enclosure. Would like to sell the original frame and canvas, used for two summers and located in Ct, color - dune.

Hi Keith!

I am considering the same once I get my boat North. Will be in your area. Out of curiosity, why do you need a new frame? What sort of quotes are you getting? Are you also considering a cockpit enclosure? Windshield covers?

Thanks!

The new frame will be more substantial and allow side panels to be outside the frame. If I used the existing frame the outside panels would need to be inside the frame since the original frame attaches to the outside of the boat.

Quotes are in the $10 a 12,000 using polycarbonate for all but the backside where the doorway and the need to be able to roll up due to the mast support lines. All the other panels will swing up and be secured to the frame work.
Currently have the windshield cover from the factory.

At this point not thinking about cockpit enclosure.

Hope this helps.

The new frame will be more substantial and allow side panels to be outside the frame. If I used the existing frame the outside panels would need to be inside the frame since the original frame attaches to the outside of the boat.

Quotes are in the $10 a 12,000 using polycarbonate for all but the backside where the doorway and the need to be able to roll up due to the mast support lines. All the other panels will swing up and be secured to the frame work.
Currently have the windshield cover from the factory.

At this point not thinking about cockpit enclosure.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow. Yeah, the ST44 that I was on that had the enclosure had it inside the frame. $10-12k out of my price range. Was hoping for a few grand on top of new bimini top to retrofit to existing frame. Will be getting some quotes in Spring. I am 50/50 because Isinglass is a lot of work to keep from getting fouled up. Thinking I'd be fine just running the boat from the lower helm.

Back
Top Bottom