Don't like difficult-to-read boat name fonts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you BandB,
My guess is about half that but add that many may see the documented vessel as some kind of status elevatiion as it’s a big boat thing. And it just occured to me a higher level of “trawlerism”.
Will be interesting. I’ll go vote.

Where the heck did that come from? Got nothing to do with it. Mine is Registered, Canada, which is very similar to your Documented.

T'was done by the P.O. I was told because he recognized the builder was in financial trouble. The Registration protected HIS assets even if they went bankrupt. Didn't mean there wasn't going to be some questions but to get that Registration meant the engine, the gear, the hull and a myriad of other parts bought for that boat belonged to that boat and that boat was his.
Other wise the boat would have just gone into the winds as bankruptcy assets.

They did complete his , now my boat, but the next guy who did the same thing had to get his boat finished elsewhere. But he did get it and would not have were it not Registered.
I knew him so we talked as we had sister ships.

Lots of valid reasons for a Registration/Documentation.

Further more there is only one Island Pride Registered in my Registry area.
There may be others Registered elsewhere but no where near my Registry port.

It also makes lien tracing easier which is good for purchasers and sellers.
Just a bit of a pain if you wish to change the name and a bit more paper work when the boat is sold.

Where the heck did that come from? Got nothing to do with it. Mine is Registered, Canada, which is very similar to your Documented.

T'was done by the P.O. I was told because he recognized the builder was in financial trouble. The Registration protected HIS assets even if they went bankrupt. Didn't mean there wasn't going to be some questions but to get that Registration meant the engine, the gear, the hull and a myriad of other parts bought for that boat belonged to that boat and that boat was his.
Other wise the boat would have just gone into the winds as bankruptcy assets.

They did complete his , now my boat, but the next guy who did the same thing had to get his boat finished elsewhere. But he did get it and would not have were it not Registered.
I knew him so we talked as we had sister ships.

Lots of valid reasons for a Registration/Documentation.

Further more there is only one Island Pride Registered in my Registry area.
There may be others Registered elsewhere but no where near my Registry port.

It also makes lien tracing easier which is good for purchasers and sellers.
Just a bit of a pain if you wish to change the name and a bit more paper work when the boat is sold.

As I understand the documented rules in the US, the Feds hold an 'interest' in the boat as a potential addition to it fleet. Sooo, if the Feds want, they can search for the missing/stolen vessel but, the Feds are not required to search for the missing/stolen vessel. One additional point is, one does not have to put the required state vessel registration number on the hull and IMO, ruin the lines of the boat. Plus, the state continues to come back for taxes etc.
There used to be a "document pendent" that was to be 'flown' if it was a documented vessel. I guess that pendant went the way of a buggy whip. SHRUG

As I understand the documented rules in the US, the Feds hold an 'interest' in the boat as a potential addition to it fleet. Sooo, if the Feds want, they can search for the missing/stolen vessel but, the Feds are not required to search for the missing/stolen vessel. One additional point is, one does not have to put the required state vessel registration number on the hull and IMO, ruin the lines of the boat. Plus, the state continues to come back for taxes etc.
There used to be a "document pendent" that was to be 'flown' if it was a documented vessel. I guess that pendant went the way of a buggy whip. SHRUG

Feds can come aboard any time anywhere. 14USC89 US code gives them the right. Documented,state registered doesn't matter. Safety and documentation check. They can look in any "Man size compartments" for boarding officer safety. Man size compartment got new definitions during the early/mid eighties when Haitians were escaping desperate situations. Think the size of a microwave became the new definition of man size compartment.

Feds can come aboard any time anywhere. 14USC89 US code gives them the right. Documented,state registered doesn't matter. Safety and documentation check. They can look in any "Man size compartments" for boarding officer safety. Man size compartment got new definitions during the early/mid eighties when Haitians were escaping desperate situations. Think the size of a microwave became the new definition of man size compartment.

The Feds are welcome on board my boat any time they wish to visit. Once I tell them where the gums are located, I will be happy and content. None of my guns have a shell in the chambers. When I say 'none' consists of a 12 ga shotgun and a .45acp. When I drive to and from Atlanta, I am armed with the .45acp. The 12ga is to protect myself from sharks. (innocent look)

imo i like a bare stern, but don't mind numbers on the hull.

IMG_2473.jpg

On another note, I find that Canadians may have a corner on picturesque place names. My personal favorite: Dildo, Newfoundland. Sitting at the confluence of Dildo Creek with Dildo Arm, east of the Dildo Islands and Spread Eagle Bay.

I had that boring drive a few dozen times in the last couple of months. TransCanadian hwy with the only real break with signs like Dildo Pond, Conception Bay, and Placentia in close proximity.

Thanks Bob,
I think I’ll just park myself here for awhile. From what I can see of this boat she has exceptionally fine lines.

Thanks Bob,
I think I’ll just park myself here for awhile. From what I can see of this boat she has exceptionally fine lines.

Yeah but one of those lines looks like it's in a very uncomfortable place.:eek:

The Feds are welcome on board my boat any time they wish to visit. Once I tell them where the gums are located, I will be happy and content. None of my guns have a shell in the chambers. When I say 'none' consists of a 12 ga shotgun and a .45acp. When I drive to and from Atlanta, I am armed with the .45acp. The 12ga is to protect myself from sharks. (innocent look)

Feds are coming aboard your boat if they want. It has nothing to do with your permission or not. One of the first things they will ask is about weapons onboard. No problem if they are legal,they just don't want surprises.

As I understand the documented rules in the US, the Feds hold an 'interest' in the boat as a potential addition to it fleet. Sooo, if the Feds want, they can search for the missing/stolen vessel but, the Feds are not required to search for the missing/stolen vessel. SHRUG

:facepalm:
I had forgotten about that! In our (Canadian) system, the Queen (No, we don't really have a Queen) can, in time of war, requisition the boat for defence purposes. If that was to occur, I would be happy to help. All in the spirit of patriotic duty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom