marintiquing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TugYacht_33

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mhyzhen
Vessel Make
Custom 33' Glen-L design "union jack"
had a great time fri and sat
drove up to Oriental and Bridgeton, i didnt make it to new bern, was about 5 minutes late for the last ferry and didnt want to drive all the way around...

but i did find a great Baldwin fuel filter/separator at the consignment shop in oriental.....
he also had a dickinson diesel heater, a 2 burner stove and a small selection of alcohol stoves, single burner...... plus a lot more stuff then i had time to rummage through....

the place in bridgeton was closed but there is a cool little tug/workboat hull sitting in the yard with a partial super structure, maybe in the 24 footish range

i did come across a place out on 55 i think it was going in to Oriental called "pickers" with a salty ol sailor "capt Ron" that runs the place, tons and tons of stuff in a huge building also tons of stuff outside.... everything from vhf radios to life rafts, a few hard bottom inflatables, old antique navigation lights, not everything of a nautical nature, but i would say a good 1/4 to 1/3 was boat and marine related.... well worth going and blowing a couple hours looking around

i was bummed i missed the ferry but maybe next time :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom