View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 08:45 AM   #32
oakbuilder

City: Viola
I know I am coming off as very naive, but I really don't think so. Of course it will be a project boat. I don't have all the knowledge and experience but ya know what, I have built a house from the ground up, by myself. I cut trees off my property and sawed them into lumber on my bandsaw mill. I did all plumbing and electrical too and I learned as I went. I drove a tractor trailer all over the country, but hey, before I started driving, I had to learn, and learn I did, with zero accidents in well over one million miles. I worked as a self-employed handyman for over 10 years, and did many many jobs doing things I had never done before, but I educated myself and got it done. Until I am dead, I will never stop learning. If it takes a year to head out, fine. I have found many boats in my price range that I want to look at, I just cant hit the road yet. If I can't insure it, oh well, I will only go to marinas to fuel, pumpout, etc. I am way past letting others tell me what I can and can not do. If I am about to crash and burn, please tell me, but at this point, I believe I can navigate around the obstacles and go for our dream.
oakbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote