View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #18
jhance

City: Eastsound
Vessel Name: Audrey Grace
Vessel Model: 2003 Camano 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
Toni: This is what I did in August after buying my boat. (2000 Camano, 1400 hours).

--3 brand new batteries. I didn't trust the old ones and couldn't even find a proper date on them so I bit the bullet and replaced them all.

-- Entire water pump. I would suggest you replace the entire unit vs just doing the impellor. It's probably never been replaced before. Then you can rebuild the old one and keep it as an emergency spare.

-- Coolant flush and new overflow tank. The coolant was pretty dirty so we flushed and replaced it. I also replaced the overflow tank. It was so grimey and caked up. The tanks are relatively inexpensive. Even after the flush the fluid was still kinda dirty. Next spring I'll be addressing that again.

--My belts were in decent shape. And I have a new one from the P.O for a spare.

-- All the zincs, oil, 3 fuel filters, oil filters were changed by the P.O before I bought the boat.

My survey came back good as well. Or as good as it can on a 17 year old boat. The boat was lightly used and never fished but my biggest concern was that it sat for an entire season before he sold it. I had some sediment in the fuel tanks. This was evident by the Racors, not by the engine dying or anything. My seatrial was good but the surveyor found debris in the filter. So we had the owner pump out both tanks and then filtered any remaining sediment by the filters. I've never had any fuel issues.

My helm seat is a Todd armchair on a big pedestal. I like it. Although I've seen lots of Camano's with the fold away seat. Not a fan of those.

These boats are so simple to maintain! What a great ER layout too. Lots of space to get to the different items. I don't have a generator, so that gives me lots of space near the shaft and fuel fittings etc.

Yes, I agree with the others! We need pics of the boat! I know you must be excited. I was!

I did all that as well at about 1100 hours. I also had the injectors pulled and serviced. Apparently they were all "failing" so they were all rebuilt. I think "failing" was a strong conclusion as I didn't have any issues, but I guess they were not fully atomizing the fuel. I also had a Walker air-sep filter installed. It rocks.
jhance is offline   Reply With Quote