A question of global importance....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should the toilet paper unroll toward the front or the back?

• ALWAYS toward the front

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • ALWAYS toward the back

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

GFC

Guru
Well it's winter and that means that many of us are sitting here glumly staring at our 'puter screens while visions of our shrink wrapped boats are dancing sadly in our heads. One fun thing that does come out of the winter doldrums is that some interesting topics hit the boating forums and that lead to some interesting discussions.

So here's my question. And before I get to it, I want you to know that this question has global implications. It's extremely important and I want you to give a lot of thought to your writings that justify your answer.

So here's the question:

When you put a new roll of toilet paper on the toilet paper holder, should it unroll from the front or the back?

Please make a selection and justify your answer below.

It depends. Are we talking single-ply or two-ply?

I believe "The Institute of Latest Studies" has scientifically proven that it's over-the-front. The theory is that you can touch only the sheets that you're going to use.

What sort of anchor are we talking about for the vessel in question?

Over the top towards the user any body knows that single or double ply matter not as long as finger nails kept filed smooth.:eek:

Over the top towards the user any body knows that single or double ply matter not as long as finger nails kept filed smooth.:eek:

Only somebody who uses a phone book would suggest that single-ply vs two-ply doesn’t apply. :D

It depends on whether there are pets that play with the roll. If none, over the front, over the back if there are pets that enjoy unrolling the paper.

Well............ this could also compliment the northern/southern hemisphere question of which way the toilet flush water circulates when it goes down the hole - you might remember some years ago Bart Simpson, during a trip to Australia, did some experiments with this. Is there a third option for a boat?

Very interested to learn whether there are quantifiable differences in responses between members from different hemispheres.

Oh, and BTW, y`all have a Merry Christmas ya hear:D

Well............ this could also compliment the northern/southern hemisphere question of which way the toilet flush water circulates when it goes down the hole - you might remember some years ago Bart Simpson, during a trip to Australia, did some experiments with this. Is there a third option for a boat?

Very interested to learn whether there are quantifiable differences in responses between members from different hemispheres.

Oh, and BTW, y`all have a Merry Christmas ya hear:D

And what happens when you are right on the equator? Does the toilet flush at all?

It depends if when you flush water is turning left or turning right. In other terms depends where you are side will be reversed between people up here and our friends down there. :)

L

This is a thread which inevitably calls for "too much information".
I`m surprised it`s not common knowledge that "downunder",we defecate/urinate direct into the holding tank, the contents of which exit the tank via the bowl.:whistling:
The direction in which the paper comes off the roll is determined by whether or not the roll installer is a "scruncher". I often reorient the roll direction at home.

Last edited:
This is a thread which inevitably calls for "too much information".
I`m surprised it`s not common knowledge that "downunder",we defecate/urinate direct into the holding tank, the contents of which exit the tank via the bowl.:whistling:
The direction in which the paper comes off the roll is determined by whether or not the roll installer is a "scruncher". I often reorient the roll direction at home.
ah yes Bruce - the old question - do you fold the toilet paper before use or scrunch it- now there`s a survey topic

Great answers, keep 'em coming. And it's obvious it is not in the midst of boating season! :rolleyes:

I am a bit confused, what would be the answer if I do not use rolls but block of folded sheets?

L

This presumes you have a toilet paper holder in the head. Wet heads (throne in shower area) often don't to keep the paper dry.

Mine goes over the top towards me as Larry (stuffed pet lobster ) shows no inclination towards playing with it.

20171201_150252.jpg

Ted

Last edited:
Forward, much easier to find in the dark with no fingernails. Fold don't scrunch. This is too funny! Adult site right?

Depends on whether the roll is on a boat, or a yacht.

Also, if it's on a sailboat, it has to be installed the same way it was in the marina bathroom it was stolen from.

:popcorn:

We've passed the solstice. Next boating season will get here eventually.

Mike,

With 20 respondents and 90% "toward the front" votes , I'd say your stupid question has been answered. No surprise there, huh? :D :hide:

"This presumes you have a toilet paper holder in the head. Wet heads (throne in shower area) often don't to keep the paper dry."
Ummm, doesn't everyone? And Grey Poupon on board? Just kidding. Yes, we have a dry head. Actually a pair of them.

"With 20 respondents and 90% "toward the front" votes , I'd say your stupid question has been answered. No surprise there, huh?"
Yup, and nope. And it was a stupid question but fitting for this laid back time of year.

Do not know if this is true, (from facebook), but if true then this is the answer.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1510874950115.jpg
    FB_IMG_1510874950115.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom