Just Bought a Prairie 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fitnut

Vessel Name
Impulse
Vessel Make
Prairie 29
Hi,

We just bought a Prairie 29 and brought her home from Cape Coral to Rockledge, FL - across Lake Okeechobee.* It took us about 5 days and was an exciting challenge not really knowing her.*

We are looking for any and all tech specs on the hull shape and measurements so we can properly configure our lift.* We planned to use the same configuration as the previous owners used but it's not working here on the Indian River.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• love at first sight.jpg
    love at first sight.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 799
You might want to pull up the engine hatch, measure the stringer to stringer width of the engine mounts and use that as your measurement for lift to hull width at the load bearing rails since those two stringers are the strongest point (I believe).

Might take awhile but others will chime in too now that I've posted something and they'll probably have more detailed/better guidance since we leave ours in the water.

Saw your post on the youtube/flagold page btw. *Welcome aboard, you're going to have a whole lot of fun with that boat! *Matt Mattson

Thanks for the quick response, Matt!

Are you just looking for general dimensions of the boat? If so, you should be able to get a good idea by the yachtworld postings and the specs within each posting.

I bought a P29 awhile back and have since sold it(It is for sale again). We did exactly what you did....had to pick it up and do a 5 day trip on a boat that was relatively unfamiliar. TO this day it is one of my best boat tripsand it gave me SO MUCH confidence in the reliabilty and liveability of that "little" boat. Have fun!!!

Hi Baker, thanks for responding - we're glad to hear you enjoyed your P29; so far so good for us. We're actually in need of the keel measurements and hull shape - it would have helped if our dock lift guy had taken a good look at her out of the water - we have some pictures and we're working on it. We can't seem to find anything with the actual hull specs that the builder would have - that would be helpful.

Congradulations on your new boat. We are relatively new Prarie owners ourselves. We purchased our boat a year ago and brought her from Tampa to Merritt Island. Great boats. I have the orginial owners book for our boat,hull # 6. It is on the boat will check the spec shetts for you tomorrow.

We keep our boat in the water so didn't particularly concern myself with these issues.However, we can help let me know.

John

Attachments

• 100_0120.jpg
    100_0120.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 316
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply - we're almost neighbors. We sure would appreciate any help. Also, please feel free to correspond with my husband, Marty, at choreman@cfl.rr.com - he's got some more questions for you.

Karen

I am searching for a P29 like yours. PLease give me a call when you can, I have some questions you might be able to answer for me. 321-693-3714.

Back
Top Bottom