Winter In Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: Come on down....:D

Only 66 at the moment but recovery underway and up to 77 today.[/QUOT

I would love to but got the boat parade tomorrow night, the New Year’s Eve at hammock beach is stellar!

Wifey B: Our parade was last Saturday and we were in Key West. Haven't even thought about New Year's Eve yet. Thinking it will be our Florida Christmas Day, the 30th being Christmas Eve in FL. We always have it later in FL because we're at the orphanage in NC on the official one and then to Myrtle Beach, then home. So our friends and family sort of get two as well. They have one on the 25th without us and a repeat with us. :)

Ahhhhhh....

Patrick AFB....

Thursday night at the Tiki Bar. Cheap beer, the DJ grills whatever you give him to perfection and the sunsets arent half bad looking back at your boat.

Tomorrow a ring side seat for a rocket launch and the marina is $28 per night.

Nice to be treated like royalty once and awhile.... :)

Nice. I could get used to that! And frankly, I'm hoping to.....

another great day....

a perfect view of the Space X launch and recovery. ...

and a big Chistmas celebration party.... :)

Attachments

• 20171215_184634.jpg
    20171215_184634.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171215_180903.jpg
    20171215_180903.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Ironic how many South Florida natives we've met who have never seen a launch. We saw one intentionally and one wasn't planned but as we approached Canaveral we found out it was scheduled. We got clearance and had time to get to the marina and settle in for a few hours and then observe it.

Our daytime highs are in the mid 60's but it's getting cold at night, all the way down to 36!

U guys r killin me. Just washed salt off 2 cars here. Not ocean salt either.

Wifey B: People use too much salt. Way too much sodium on processed foods and too much salt in many diets. Still, why would you salt your cars? :rofl:

Ok, in NC we had salt on our cars a couple of times here and there. I'm glad there are courageous souls living in the cold or we'd be out of space in Paradise.

I think cold is much easier to deal with if that's what you're use to. Your body and you adapt. We even find NC much more difficult after living in South Florida for 5 years. It never really bothered us before but now when we plan a trip there we look ahead at the weather. It's going down to 26 in Charlotte tonight. Please, please, please warm up in the next 10 days. :)

U have to drive indoors just to wash the salt off the cars. If I try to use the hose at home, it would try to bend, then break. If it didn't break, then the water would freeze before it hits the nozzle, which you cant touch, since your hand might stick to it. Nothing is easy here...

U have to drive indoors just to wash the salt off the cars. If I try to use the hose at home, it would try to bend, then break. If it didn't break, then the water would freeze before it hits the nozzle, which you cant touch, since your hand might stick to it. Nothing is easy here...

Wifey B: You wash the car indoors? :confused:

Enjoying the upper 60 degree temperatures at sunset. On the hook rafting up with a friend at Cayo Costa yesterday.

20171215_181110.jpg

Slick calm at Sunrise this morning.

20171216_070055.jpg

Only thing missing is Loon's Nest and her crew.

Ted

Wifey B: You wash the car indoors? :confused:

today's high is 26. Headed to 12 at sunset. I'm afraid if I do force water thru the hose, the car will ice over and we can't open the doors. So, yeah, folks here only wash indoors.

We have to clean things up, because winter is just around the corner.

today's high is 26. Headed to 12 at sunset. I'm afraid if I do force water thru the hose, the car will ice over and we can't open the doors. So, yeah, folks here only wash indoors.

Lordy! I’m always impressed with people who can live where it gets so cold.

The view from our current anchorage. :eek:

Attachments

• cardinal1.jpg
    cardinal1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 40

Wifey B: Where indoors do you wash it though? In your garage? :confused:

Never seen indoor car wash?Maybe does no exist in FL, up here it is common.

L

Wifey B: Nearest I've seen is Automatic washes. I googled and found them, but never saw one in NC or here. I found one online and really cool. :)

Lots of cool stuff up here I learned about.
polar vortex, wintry mix, strap on ice cleats, $2000 propane fills, 4wd mini coopers, and base layer 4.0.
5 years ago, never heard of any of it.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom