Yachtworld Popups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B&B, Wouldn`t Adblock fix that in an instant?

B&B, Wouldn`t Adblock fix that in an instant?

Probably, but I don't use it. The ads help pay the way and I don't really mind them on the page. For those of you with adblock what fills that space or is it just blank?

What is just interesting today is that you can visit a site today and get bombarded by their ads. Actually these ads are better than some as they do have attractive models in sexy clothes. A lot of times it's boats near the top of my ads. I don't mind that. Medjet assist is out there because I looked it up for someone. Then just saw one from some builder I've never heard of in an area in which I'd have no interest anyway. Don't understand that one. Here, they are just above and just below the "Trawler Discussions" box.

At least it's not like spam email with money from Nigeria, breast enlargement, erectile disfunction, and free meals at every restaurant, and tons of Trump things including an ornament and last day for Medicare enrollment.

Plus my wife and the other females here think it's really cute I'm getting bombarded with the Polyvore ads.

Probably, but I don't use it. The ads help pay the way and I don't really mind them on the page. For those of you with adblock what fills that space or is it just blank?

What is just interesting today is that you can visit a site today and get bombarded by their ads... .
You just see the material you asked to see.
I grappled with the thought that putting up with adverts helped fund sites, but in the end annoyance, self interest, dislike of cookies, and sites tracking my actions, triumphed.
You nobly chose to continue seeing lots of ads for the greater good,a fine thing to do.

The annoying pop up is still occurring on YW. I have discovered that if you hit the back button as soon as you see it beginning to load you can defeat it. Oh well, it's still a pita.

On my iPad it seems worse than ever. Maybe it’s just more frustrating for me because my boat is listed on the site.:banghead:

I have been experiencing the same pop up problem described here on my iPad and iPhone with the latest iOS updates. The work around that I have adopted until YW solves this problem is to go to Settings and scroll down to Safari. About half way down in Safari, choose block all cookies which is kind of extreme because many websites won't work properly if you block all cookies. But YW will work fine with the cookies blocked. You can then have a peaceful session in YW. When you use another site like Amazon, you will have to turn the cookies back to the default Only From the Current Website. Not a full solution, but a reasonable workaround in the meantime.

I can't believe YW is not aware of this annoying disruption on their site. I guess they just don't care.

Even easier...when you open Safari, choose Private browsing. You have to re-enter your search parameters every time when you get to Yachtworld, but it eliminates the annoying pop-ups.

Private mode did not change the results for me. I didn’t get two pages in before they started. I give up. It’s just insane that they don’t give a damn.

Where else can you browse boats? Boat Trader is just as bad. I looked at both sites on a brand new Galaxy tablet, so I know there was no cookies or viruses, and as soon as I looked at a boat... Bam! Pop up. Had to exit out and said screw it.

For those who don't know, this is what pops up. Not in a new tab, but completely takes over the tab you have open. Clicking back won't help, you have to close out and restart.

ForumRunner_20171213_222444.png

Finally saw it on an iPhone but haven't seen it yet on anything we use.

Update of chrome fixed it for me. Blocks the redirect now, and informs you.

On an iPad? I just installed Chrome on my iPad and can’t get one damn page into YW without the pop ups. It’s worse than Safari. This is insane.

Are you using Adblock? Another thought, Pilou (who was on TF until anti French sentiments upset her), put me onto Spybot(free version). I was amazed the cookies and crap it found and removed,especially as I already use another well known anti virus system. Guess it depends which end the issue is.

And it seems I've spoken too soon. Some are still getting through. Sigh.

Adblock on iPad has miserable reviews. Frankly, I don’t trust third party solutions as many of them end up being more invasive than the issue you are trying to correct. The problem is with YachtWorld and tomorrow I am going to call Boats Group until I get a human on the phone who can listen. The site is now totally useless on my iPad which is what I use 95% of the time.

I just had a long chat with the folks at Boats Group, owners of the site. I have provided them with info and lots of screen shots. Maybe, just maybe, someone will finally take a look at this.

Worse than ever for my Iphone. Can hardly get to the first page without “Congratulations”.

No issues early this morning using my IPad.

Last edited:
I can’t believe it, but I just looked at a bunch of boats and photos with no issues. I did hear back from them yesterday and they said their developers were all over it. Perhaps I was able to get their attention. Time will tell. Enjoying it while it lasts.

You may be right. I turned off my content blocker and just looked at about 20 boats and photos without a problem. Hope they do indeed have it fixed.

As an FYI to moderators, Chrome is suddenly blocking multiple pop-ups and redirects here on TF. New as of this morning.

Back
Top Bottom