Silk purse to a sows ear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope the owner isn't on this forum :angel:

Hell, if he/she was on here they would've spoken up and made light of the fact that me, the OP & owner of a "super-deluxe" :rolleyes: 1978 Mainship ,probably worth less than the carpet in their salon, was critiquing a completely revamped Hatteras motor yacht!
Every member has to know this forum is "enter at your own risk".
The place is a minefield!

Hell, if he/she was on here they would've spoken up and made light of the fact that me, the OP & owner of a "super-deluxe" :rolleyes: 1978 Mainship ,probably worth less than the carpet in their salon, was critiquing a completely revamped Hatteras motor yacht!
Every member has to know this forum is "enter at your own risk".
The place is a minefield!

Hey, I have carpet through out my AT. Came with it and contributes to the sound deadening and if feels good on my feet too!!.

I like it :thumb: .. . if it was an Airbnb rental in Chicago.

Could be a nice alternative to a hotel, being right on the water and near so much fun stuff to do!

Jim

Hope the owner isn't on this forum :angel:

If someone wants to demean the quality of a boat I own or the builder, then I'm ready to fight. If they want to say they don't like the styling or the color or the cabinets or flooring I don't care and doubt that owner would. Those are all items of taste and when you go outside the norms you're fully aware that the majority won't like it.

I almost had the perfect boat. Alas, the hull is British Racing Green, red bottom and white top with a white boot top. Hey, it's a fast trawler so why not British Racing Green. LOL

Agree, but a bright yellow pilothouse roof improves being visible and identifiable. (Have green hull, white superstructure, grey deck, tan front-cabin roof [reduces glare], and yellow pilothouse roof.)

Last edited:
Sorry don’t like the flower on the kitchen table, I won’t buy it lol

L

After my mother died, I suddenly had her furniture to get out of her apartment and I had an apartment full so I rented a large house out in the country. Paid little more than I was paying for an apartment. It was also where I was living when we married and we lived there several years. We loved it, but I can only imagine if it had been for sale. It was 3500 sq ft on 8 acres. Wonderful. But the owner was the guy who built it. He apparently had some combination of a love for paneling and a hate for painting. Every room had paneling. Even the living room although it was actually a nice soft white paneling. Even the closets were paneled. I undertook a challenge to find a space not paneled and thought surely the little storage area under the steps. Wrong. Paneled. Even the angled ceiling of it.

The owner kept it because it was still going to be his retirement home when he could move back to NC. It's like a baby only his parents can love, but we developed quite an attachment to it. The paneling was just humorous. The owner had actually done a great job building and took extra care in so many things. It had a well and the one time it was serviced the man who came out said it was the nicest pump and filtering system, and most expensive, he had ever installed. The garage door openers even were super large and heavy duty. The guy just liked paneling.

A lot of times we get initial impressions and react negatively when if we look beyond them we might find ourselves pleasantly surprised. I was just looking for a short term storage place, but instead lived for five years keeping all the furniture and one of me, then two of us in a five bedroom home. It had been six but he'd combined two into an extra large master. I think I paid $1100 a month as he never raised the rent.

It cost a small fortune to paint it black and it will cost another fortune to to cover up that black.

Well, I suppose you could just add white stripes and rename it Zebra. Too each their own. Love the style of boat, just not that styling.

Marty...................

I wish I had taken a pic of the Hatteras moored behind the Floribama bar. Zebra stripes, hand painted. Hideous. Would likely have broken the camera lens though.

I wish I had taken a pic of the Hatteras moored behind the Floribama bar. Zebra stripes, hand painted. Hideous. Would likely have broken the camera lens though.

You sure that wasn't the effects of the bar? lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom