Water Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't go simple and go cheap be leaving your larger water tanks in and use a tap?
It'd be real easy if tying up to a berth every couple of weeks.

We live aboard full time on the hook and don't have a water maker.

Practical for some, not for others.

Wouldn't go simple and go cheap be leaving your larger water tanks in and use a tap?
It'd be real easy if tying up to a berth every couple of weeks.

We live aboard full time on the hook and don't have a water maker.

What's your water tank capacity and how long usually between fills?

For me, whole point of a WM is, that's never the reason I need to head for shore.

Spearfishing off Venezuela in cane season, maybe not set foot on land for 6-8 weeks.

Financial calculations don't enter into that scenario much.

What's your water tank capacity and how long usually between fills?

About 3000 litres / 780 gallon.
We topped up yesterday, still over 50% full , but before that last time at an actual dock was 10th of August.

We do have a water bladder in the dinghy, if near a tap we'll put 200l in and we collect rainwater as well.

No rain and no water bladder usage we get about 8 weeks.

I'll give another endorsement for Cruise RO. I just installed the 30gph model in my boat before heading to Mexico. The owner, Rich, answers the phone and spends as much time as needed answering questions. He helped me make a few changes in my set up that helped the system perform better. Although I originally ordered the auxillary fresh water flush system, I didn't end up using it. Rich refunded me for the unit. I have used the WM for a total of about 300 gallons of fresh water with no problems so far. I love this thing! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I have no commercial interest in this company, I am just a happy customer.

Cheers, Bill

Same here. Very happy customer, great tasting water......

Cruise RO has really gained a significant share on the West Coast and everyone I know has spoken highly of them. They haven't made the same gains on the East Coast yet.

I don’t know what the installation bench mark is but her in JAX, he’s leading the pack by a lot.

I don’t know what the installation bench mark is but her in JAX, he’s leading the pack by a lot.

That's good. I just haven't heard of a lot in my area but that doesn't mean they aren't here. Perhaps they're getting fewer factory installs and that's a lot of what I have been familiar with.

I changed out out low capacity watermaker and installed a 40 GPH Cruise RO system two seasons ago and it changed the whole way we think about water.

We use what we want. It I want to wash off the boat at anchor on a nice sunny day I can. If the wife wants a 20 minute shower, she can. When it’s time to wash clothes we can.

BTW, can’t say enough good about Rich with Cruise RO. Fantastic to work with and fantastic post sale support!

I changed out out low capacity watermaker and installed a 40 GPH Cruise RO system two seasons ago and it changed the whole way we think about water.

We use what we want. It I want to wash off the boat at anchor on a nice sunny day I can. If the wife wants a 20 minute shower, she can. When it’s time to wash clothes we can.

BTW, can’t say enough good about Rich with Cruise RO. Fantastic to work with and fantastic post sale support!

There are certain conveniences of life we just aren't willing to sacrifice on and water ranks right at the top of that list. We've read too many books and blogs of boaters limited by water. The wearing clothes multiple days, not showering daily, reducing the length of the shower....all those things to us are not something we want to do. Easily solved by good watermakers.

Back
Top Bottom