marine salvage/consignment yards??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TugYacht_33

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mhyzhen
Vessel Make
Custom 33' Glen-L design "union jack"
do any of the nc/sc members have good leads on marine consignment shops in the area, or marine salvage yards ?
even old derelict boat yards would be great......
..... im in an exploring/shopping mood these days.....

thanks !

Here in eastern NC within an hour of each other:

Surplus and/or consignment:

Hurricane Jacks in Bridgeton
Anchors Aweigh in Beaufort
Rusty Ron's in Morehead City
Eastard at Jarrett Bay Marine Industrial Park outside of Beaufort off 101

There's also a place in Oriental, but a bit out of the way, you could easily spend a day sifting through the above places.

Derelict boatyard: Tidewater Marine in New Bern

Last edited:
There are three in my area that I am aware of. Hurricane Jacks in Bridgeton is a low-end one. It is a big pile of crap in a little warehouse. You can find some stuff, but you have to dig for it. Oriental Marine Consignment is better. The stuff is organized slightly better and good stuff can be found, however, it is a little more sailing oriented. Rusty Rons in Morehead is supposed to be good too, but the time we showed up there, they were closed. Kinda hard to find. It’s on the outskirts of Morehead on a side road in kind of a neighborhood.

This site supports a WANTED request , perhaps if you listed your desirements?

yea im aware of the wanted/have section..... but im not exactly looking for anything specific ..... more of a need to rummage and explore
i wont know what i cant live without until i see it :)

In Wilmington there is Marine Recyclers (not sure of name, but know where it is). Mostly outboard motor centric. Anchors Aweigh boatyard in Hampstead has a big dead boat pile, not sure if they will let you pick through it.

There is a "STICKY" listing of some in the CLASSIFIED section on T.F.
I expect you've noticed but if not then take a look.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom