Water pump and bilge pump problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finecar

Vessel Make
42' CHB Ponderosa
Water pump problems. All of a sudden my water pump staring making a funny sound and we lost pressure and stopped working. However, our bilge pump continues to come on every 5 minutes for a short period. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounds like your water system is leaking into the bilge. You need to look over your water tanks, plumbing, any hoses and the pressure pump.

If my bilge pump was coming on every five minutes, I wouldn't be spending time on the Internet, I would stick my head down there and see why it was coming on.

I think Lepke is on to something, your potable water is leaking (or draining) into the bilge.

If you are not hooked to city water, it will stop once your tank(s) are empty but a better plan is to look and see what is happening.

This happened to me one time, a hose came off its fitting. That shouldn't happen of course, but the previous owner or someone he hired assembled the fitting incorrectly. The potable water tank drained into the bilge and the pump was pumping it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom