Espar D7L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delta Dog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Plan B
Vessel Make
1982 Ocean Alexander 43
It's starting to get cold here in CA, we found out the thermostat on our diesel heater finally gave up the ghost. I've been trying to find one that will work on an Espar D7L diesel forced air heater, but no one seems to have one or even knows what a Espar is. I realize it's over 30 years old, but the heater it's self works perfectly and heats the whole boat very well. I'd rather not have to install a whole new system just because I can't find a thermostat that works

Anyone have any ideas here?
:banghead:

I've bought Espar parts from Rixen Enterprises in Portland Oregon. If you give them your model and serial number, they'd be able to help you. Are you sure it's the thermostat?

I’ve bought parts for my D7 from Swedish Marine in Richmond, CA. Their number is 510-234-9566. Good luck!

Yup, the thermostat they list says "do not use on model D7L" I emailed them and no response.

To answer Ken, I'm pretty sure it's the thermostat. The heater goes on and gets the rooms up to temp, shuts off but doesn't come back on no matter how cold it gets until I wiggle the setting lever a couple of times, then it clicks and the heater comes on again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom