More than thankful on Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MakinMemories

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Makin Memories
Vessel Make
1987 41' President
Jean and I are very thankful this season as we are nearing the grand depart of January 6th. The planned repairs and preparations for Makin Memories are almost completed. The swim platform turned out very well with only the ladder from the aft deck to the platform left to add. We finished the inverter install yesterday with the addition of new house batteries, switches, combiners, alternators, and starter. We beefed up the wiring, and then tested the entire system with great results. The eisenglass for the flying bridge will be replaced in a week or so and minor fiberglass work here and there, and we can then check off the last of the items. Our thanks go out to Doug Bruce of Custom Boat Work for creating the perfect swim platform, Dave and his crew at Pitman's Yacht Service for all their outstanding work performed on Makin Memories during haul out and to Louie and Shane with Louie's Marine Electrical for their electrical genius in helping bring Makin Memories up to date, safer, and more livable for the Great Loop.
13125-albums530-picture4045.jpg

13125-albums530-picture4046.jpg

13125-albums530-picture4047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the grand departure is taking you to what destinations?

We are beginning the Great Loop in January. Heading south and hanging out in the Keys till it warms a little and then heading up the eastern seaboard towards Nova Scotia.

Keep us posted and good luck with getting ready for and executing your adventure!

Which inverter did you install? (If you've mentioned it elsewhere, just point me.)

I installed a Xantrex Freedom SW 2012 with a Xanbus System Control Panel (SCP). This is our first experience with an inverter and we believe it will help living aboard and anchoring out more pleasant. There are a few things left on our list (aren't there always!) to complete, but essentially we are ready to move on late December and cast off (wx and mechanical permitting) January 6th.

We are beginning the Great Loop in January. Heading south and hanging out in the Keys till it warms a little and then heading up the eastern seaboard towards Nova Scotia.

If you happen to be transiting L I Sound in late May, let me know. We are berthed in Mystic, Ct and should be there just prior to Mem Day weekend. We can offer some assistance/support if you need it.

You've been busy! That's quite a list of upgrades just before departure. Sounds like it was done right by professionals.

Best of luck on your adventures. Keep us posted on your progress and system performance.

Man you are late, thanksgiving was 1 month ago ;)

L

Best of luck on your loop adventure. Yes, an inverter makes anchoring overnight much more doable, especially if you have a microwave.

Nice. Good luck. And don't come to the frozen tundras of New England until June. Okay, I'm exaggerating. May 31st.....

MakinMemmories & Loopers, as you transit the Hudson River in NY, be sure to visit the marina where we are located. We're 20 miles south of Albany at New Baltimore at Shady Harbor Marina and we welcome Loopers. As my wife and I approach our retirement we are always looking for advice from Loopers. Visit General's Quarters (2005 Mainship Aft Cabin 430) on South Dock and we'll make an evening of sharing tips.

Jim

'Beware of the man who dreams in the day for his dreams come true' T.S Lawrence (of Arabia).
The very best of Irish Luck to you on your adventures, may the sun always shine on your face and the wind always be on your back.
Fair winds and safe harbours.

Back
Top Bottom