YW listing same boat two prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
There is a Lord Nelson Tug listed on Yachworld by two different brokers . One shows the tug in pretty nice condition for 109k and then it shows up with National Liquidators two days ago in poor condition for 10k less. Both listings are still on YW. Just seems kinda strange to me.

Probably a timing issue.

How long has it been on the market?

Only way you are going to know is by putting eyes on it - or having someone you trust put eyes on it.

Probably a timing issue.

How long has it been on the market?

Only way you are going to know is by putting eyes on it - or having someone you trust put eyes on it.

Could be just a shift, but also could very well be a foreclosure with National Liquidators taking it post-foreclosure.

It is not unusual to see two listings from the same broker. It often happens when one broker has the listing, the time runs out, the seller terminates and lists with another broker. The first broker keeps the first listing active so he can get calls direct.

But I agree with BandB and it is probably a foreclosure- the first broker puffed up the listing and the second was more transparent about its condition and dropped the price.

A Lord Nelson is a nice boat if you like that style. Look for an upgraded engine, usually a Cummins 6BT. The OEM BMW is not well supported.

David

Same boat two listing brokers. My guess is the owner changed brokers. Either the owner didn't properly back out of his contract with the first broker before moving the boat to a new broker, or the original broker hasn't updated his Yachtworld listings and removed his post of the boat.

I looked at the listing. It has the four cylinder Cummins 4BT, not the preferred 6 cylinder 6BT. The four will vibrate at idle and as I recall, Tony Athens said that the marinization wasn't as good as the 6. But it is a good engine and better supported than the BMW.

Looks like it needs a complete cosmetic refit at least externally.

David

Back
Top Bottom