Thoughts on Jefferson Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyDawg86

What are y'alls thoughts on Jefferson Boats? I've found a 1987, 46 ft Sundeck online and wondering if it's worth making the drive to look at. It has twin Cat 3208s, which sounds like they're good mains. I don't care about cosmetics, but are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thank you. I knew there was a thread on here, when I searched, I couldn't find it.

Jefferson 46' Sundeck M/Y

We purchased this boat in 2013 and have lived aboard to date. We have put about 50K in upgrades.
Have a hull and Engine survey. Cat's like their valves ajusted every 1,000 hours. Remember these boats, as others, have their own plumbing, water, and electric "company"
There is a 1988 in St. Augustine that have upgrades. I know the owners. Good luck!

Jefferson Sundeck vs DeFever POC. Same size and both need a little love, what would yall go after? Both are SD so I assume roll some and I'm looking to cruise the Chesapeake Bay and ICW, very little time in exposed waters. I know they're different boats with different price ranges, I'm just wondering if the splurge for the DeFever is worth it.

Sometimes the quality brand name like de fever will help with resale later and hold value better. But sometime spending less is less stressful.....

I'm delivering an '87 DeFever 44' at the moment and am very impressed with quality. Can't say I have ever felt the same way about a similar age Jefferson.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Have a 1986 Jefferson 45' for sale here in Ft Lauderdale. Has twin Perkins and is ready to go. Listed with Curtis, Stokes . Good pics and videos of boat.

Back on the market

Jefferson 45' 1986 back on market after 4months in the yard for a new bottom. Decided to take it out and get bottom done while wife and I went on 4 month world cruise. Bottom was the hold up with several buyers and decided to get it done , sanded down to gelcoat, dried for 2 months,blisters repaired, skimcoat put on to smooth bottom repairs, 2 coats of barrier coat, then 2 coats of paint. Looks great and should be good to go. Still with Curtis Stokes. In Ft Lauderdale .

Jefferson 45' 1986 back on market after 4months in the yard for a new bottom. Decided to take it out and get bottom done while wife and I went on 4 month world cruise. Bottom was the hold up with several buyers and decided to get it done , sanded down to gelcoat, dried for 2 months,blisters repaired, skimcoat put on to smooth bottom repairs, 2 coats of barrier coat, then 2 coats of paint. Looks great and should be good to go. Still with Curtis Stokes. In Ft Lauderdale .

If you don't mind telling: What was the cost of the bottom work and how many/bad were the blisters?

Bottom had many years of bottom paint, missing patches here and there, and a few Buster's. Had aways takin Care of bad ones at each haulout. It was time to do it and being that I wanted to put the boat on the hard while we were gone for 4 months ,it worked out great. Yard did a great job and I'm m very satisfied with the results. A smooth and clean bottom. Marina Road Boat Yard in Ft Lauderdale did the works and did everything that they said they would do and that was a relief as we were gone . Kept us posted on progress. Very satisfied with work and overall experience with them. Richard the owner, was great as well as the yard workers. Cost with storage was $ 15,000.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom