RV rooftop Air Conditioners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those split a/c units are readily available with SEER25 rating and built-in HEPA filters. Comes in handy in this part of the world - basically the dustiest place on Earth.

PS - They can be ducted also.

Those split a/c units are readily available with SEER25 rating and built-in HEPA filters. Comes in handy in this part of the world - basically the dustiest place on Earth.

PS - They can be ducted also.

PS - They can be ducted also. very interested any more info or photos My problem is I cant find a location for the head unit IG32

While the Admiral and I were living in Berlin, we were looking at this Krogen Manatee in Hong Kong. Freight to Rostock was already 46K so we dropped it, but it was refit with many items that suggested it was going to be used mostly at the dock for a waterfront office. Among other items was a Mitsubishi mini-split system with the outside works mounted tastefully in this unobtrusive starboard cabinet behind the pilothouse. The matching cabinet to port is for storage now, but could easily be used for an additional unit. I will probably duplicate the idea when I add my pilothouse A/C. Second photo shows the white wall-mounted unit in the salon.

Attachments

• manatee with deck evaporators.jpg
    manatee with deck evaporators.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 60
  • manatee with split AC in salon.jpg
    manatee with split AC in salon.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
Yes , unless the current mfg of air cond get modern with efficiency and cots , they will go the way of POLAROID or HUDSON .

Hey F, don't knock my daily driver, which I used whenever I'm in the states. I love this car, even if it does steer like a truck. Disc brakes and Chevy 350.

You are right, AC uses way too much energy for what you get back. However, there may be a break through coming.

UCLA scientists create an air conditioner that fits in your pocket - LA Times

PS - They can be ducted also. very interested any more info or photos My problem is I cant find a location for the head unit IG32

Just do a quick Google search under ducted mini split aircon. Most major manufacturers produce them. The challenge is that these are residential units and may not fit in your vessel.

The photo of the concealed box that healhustler shows is a really nice quality job. In this part of the world they just leave the condenser visible outside or put a stainless mesh enclosure around it.

One hassle with a mini split can be noise during the heating seasons.

The std hassle with a reverse cycle air con. is when the outside temps go below 40F or so , air conditioning the planet (to steal heat) stops when frost covers the heat transfer fins .

The mini splits solve this shut down problem , by reversing the units operation for a min or so, reverting to an air cond to use that heat to clear the fins.

To make up the heat taken from the interior the units run at full bore for another min or two, then revert to almost silent operation.

Depending where and how the outside unit was mounted can decide if you ever hear the unit functioning during the heat season..

I saw a Mitsubishi mini split system on the same eagle in port Canaveral a few months ago. They said it was made in Orlando Florida, not Japan

Back
Top Bottom