Anyone in Southern Florida 01-29 to 02-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haylands

Vessel Name
Barefoot Lady
Vessel Make
1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
Well after some delays, a new knee and the recovery period, a daughter's wedding, a house sale and a downsized house purchase we are now at a pivotal part in our cunning master plan...

Flights are booked and we land in Fort Lauderdale on 01-29-18 for three weeks of boat shopping, then finish off with a trip to the Miami Boat Show before we go home on 02-19-18

It is our intention to be snowbirds and spend our winters in warmer climes, if anyone who is "living the dream" is around at those times and would like to be bought a beer or two and have their brains picked then please shout out, I have read until my eyes have gone funny but there is no substitution to actually talking face to face with people who are doing it...

And if anyone fancies having some boat guests we would be eternally grateful...

"It is our intention to be snowbirds and spend our winters in warmer climes, if anyone who is "living the dream""

A 22-26 ft motor home if from the 60-80's should cost $5,000 or so.

These are perfect to visit boat yards where a non brokered boat might be found to fit your Desirements.

A month running the coast boat yards would be a great vacation , as swell as a great education.

living the dreem

Hi Haylands,
I think you will enjoy being a snowbird with the nice weather in south FL.
this time of the year. We have been doing it for many years, But we are in SW Florida.
Have a great trip, hope you find a boat and area that fits your lifestyle.
Curt

Thanks Curt, we are looking at boats all around the coast from Tampa to Jacksonville, and several further afield depending on how we get on.... It was cheapest to fly to Fort Lauderdale by a large amount....

If you get to the Cape Coral area on a Sun.through Thurs. We could try to get you
out for a couple hour cruse on Pine Island sound.

If you get to the Cape Coral area on a Sun.through Thurs. We could try to get you
out for a couple hour cruse on Pine Island sound.

That is a very kind offer, thanks, I'll be in touch when we have a better idea exactly where and when we will be in places....!

Sounds like a plan.

Back
Top Bottom