View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #128
Cooper
Veteran Member

City: South West Florida
Not to cause any more turmoil , but very familiar with Stapletons on the west coast of Florida . Most are not because it is a commercial boat . In my experience a great rough water boat , designed for stone crabbing and stab netting in winter . Probably couldn't name few other 26's I would chose to be in bad weather . And Stapletons have tremendous flair at the bow, more than most. Only problem we have had is gas to diesel . These boats in their time were built for small block engines . Now with smaller diesels people have started to put them in the 26's but they still add another 400 pounds forward of the CG so when at certain throttle it pushes bow down with added weight and torque until you climb over this stage . Very miserable about 12 to 14 knots . With outgoing tide and estimate of video speed looks like it put him right there .The inlet would be about the only place where this design would really be magnified ,any other sea condition you would be just getting wet from bow plowing until you broke over . Shit happens ! PS I have seen theses boats stacked with 70 stone crab traps ( at 50 pounds each ) Handle the worst NE cold front you could throw at them balanced correctly
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote